Why do notifications not pop up on my lockscreen?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Generally speaking you have to types of aging woes. All batteries will lose charge over time. It goes 8 hours on a charge, then 7.5 h then 6 h then 5 h and so on. Keep it charged and carry a battery pack and it's a very minor annoyance.

The bigger issue is when it can't handle the load. You have 60% battery and boot up a heavy app and the phone dies. This can happen due to a faulty battery very early or even with the best of batteries creep up over time.

On a personal note my Xperia Z3 went around 18 months before it was difficult to keep it charged. I didn't check Twitter and browse webpages on the morning train unless it was plugged in. Because I wanted it to stay charged over the rest of the day. Around the 24 month mark it started to die unexpectedly when the load became too much. And that's when I got a new phone!
Why didn't you just change the battery? Wouldn't that have been cheaper?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With my BlackBerry Bold 9780, it was probably closer to the 18-month mark.

My BlackBerry Q10 was fine! :) Had that for maybe 11-14 months. It lasted a while longer with my brother until it started to have battery issues/glitching.

My Nexus 5 was around the 12-14-month mark.

My LG G3 lasted maybe 4-6 months before the battery started giving me trouble. An update seemed to fix it but it came back and I suffered with it. Should've replaced the battery or something but I was never sure if it was software (maybe, since an updated stalled the battery issues) or a hardware issue.

And so far, my Honor 8 is doing well, at the 11-month mark.
Let's hope that the honor 8 can hold you until your next phone!

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you just change the battery? Wouldn't that have been cheaper?
It probably would have been, but the display also had issues. Some early Z3 got a yellow discoloration on the screen and that suddenly appeared on mine as well. It was close to 2 years old so I could have taken it on warranty and I figured maybe the battery as well. But it also had taken a few bumps, nothing serious but might be enough to screw me on the warranty.

So I looked what my carrier had to offer and the P10 Plus with a discount in the 400-500$ range and a MediaPad T3 10 with 4G thrown in as well. Figured it wasn't such a bad deal

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It probably would have been, but the display also had issues. Some early Z3 got a yellow discoloration on the screen and that suddenly appeared on mine as well. It was close to 2 years old so I could have taken it on warranty and I figured maybe the battery as well. But it also had taken a few bumps, nothing serious but might be enough to screw me on the warranty.

So I looked what my carrier had to offer and the P10 Plus with a discount in the 400-500$ range and a MediaPad T3 10 with 4G thrown in as well. Figured it wasn't such a bad deal

I thought it was only a battery issue in which case it didn't make sense to buy a new phone just for that. But since it had other issues plus you can get a deal on the new phone then it made sense to upgrade

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
With my BlackBerry Bold 9780, it was probably closer to the 18-month mark.

My BlackBerry Q10 was fine! :) Had that for maybe 11-14 months. It lasted a while longer with my brother until it started to have battery issues/glitching.

My Nexus 5 was around the 12-14-month mark.

My LG G3 lasted maybe 4-6 months before the battery started giving me trouble. An update seemed to fix it but it came back and I suffered with it. Should've replaced the battery or something but I was never sure if it was software (maybe, since an updated stalled the battery issues) or a hardware issue.

And so far, my Honor 8 is doing well, at the 11-month mark.
My BlackBerry OS phone was a lot of fun when I had them. Most annoying part was it'll freeze while loading something up. Luckily BlackBerry 10 fixed that

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

You got the P10 Plus ? How are you liking the battery ?

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with the battery, it takes my through the day...on most days. I have a 90 minute commute and I listen to podcasts and browse things on the phone or play some games. On days when I don't use the phone too much the battery lasts me the 90 minutes back home as well with some 20% left. That's with 4-5 hours screen on time on a 12 hour day.

But throw in some Pokémon Go and/or some more heavy use during the day and it needs to get some extra juice. Quick charge is great here, 15-30 minutes and I get home with 50% or more left in the tank

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with the battery, it takes my through the day...on most days. I have a 90 minute commute and I listen to podcasts and browse things on the phone or play some games. On days when I don't use the phone too much the battery lasts me the 90 minutes back home as well with some 20% left. That's with 4-5 hours screen on time on a 12 hour day.

But throw in some Pokémon Go and/or some more heavy use during the day and it needs to get some extra juice. Quick charge is great here, 15-30 minutes and I get home with 50% or more left in the tank

That's pretty decent battery life

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

Still playing Pokémon Go?!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty bad OS coding or really bad soc in them It's well known that blackberry had that loading of death icon. Sometimes you need to hard reset the phone to get it working again.
Oh that sucks. Not too familiar with it as I never had a blackberry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad