Why do notifications not pop up on my lockscreen?

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The only issue with Pokémon Go is that here in the north (Sweden) it's too cold and wet to play for about 4-6 months of the year

kerwin chan

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
I recently got the Huawei P10, and I'm quite frustrated with the notification settings. When I receive a notification on for example Messenger while I'm using my phone, it pops up at the top of the screens as normal. But then, when I lock my phone, my phone only vibrates but does not show a notification on the screen. I have to pull down the menu to see where the notification is from.

I would like to add that I have already researched this a bot and have activated "Display on the lock screen" for my wanted apps. Even so, the notification does not light up/pop up on the locked screen.

Is there anything I can do about it or is that simply how EMUI works?

You need to set the 'screen lock style' to 'Magazine unlock' found under settings -> 'the Screen lock & passwords'

kerwin chan

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
I recently got the Huawei P10, and I'm quite frustrated with the notification settings. When I receive a notification on for example Messenger while I'm using my phone, it pops up at the top of the screens as normal. But then, when I lock my phone, my phone only vibrates but does not show a notification on the screen. I have to pull down the menu to see where the notification is from.

I would like to add that I have already researched this a bot and have activated "Display on the lock screen" for my wanted apps. Even so, the notification does not light up/pop up on the locked screen.

You need to set the 'screen lock style' to 'Magazine unlock' found under settings -> 'the Screen lock & passwords'

I had the same problem and now its totally fine!

Akis Nicolaou

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site

Indeed as another fellow said a restart is needed after changing a theme on the device so that notifications could appear on screen lock