03-23-2018 11:41 AM
94 123 ...
tools
    I recently got the Huawei P10, and I'm quite frustrated with the notification settings. When I receive a notification on for example Messenger while I'm using my phone, it pops up at the top of the screens as normal. But then, when I lock my phone, my phone only vibrates but does not show a notification on the screen. I have to pull down the menu to see where the notification is from.

I would like to add that I have already researched this a bot and have activated "Display on the lock screen" for my wanted apps. Even so, the notification does not light up/pop up on the locked screen.

Is there anything I can do about it or is that simply how EMUI works?
    11-08-2017 12:05 PM
    I know people complain about EMUI and lockscreen notifications. It seems EMUI will only show "new" notifications, so if you have 3 notifications and unlock your phone, the lockscreen will not show these. Only the new one's that comes in when it's locked .

I haven't had any issues, but it might be this that annoy you. If not it might be an issue with Messenger in displaying notifications.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-08-2017 11:29 PM
    I know people complain about EMUI and lockscreen notifications. It seems EMUI will only show "new" notifications, so if you have 3 notifications and unlock your phone, the lockscreen will not show these. Only the new one's that comes in when it's locked .

I haven't had any issues, but it might be this that annoy you. If not it might be an issue with Messenger in displaying notifications.
    I too was going to state this. If you get a notification while your phone is locked, and then you unlock it, said notification won't appear on your lockscreen again when the screen is locked. Same when you get notifications while your phone is locked. I've gotten used to it but yes, it still frustrates me a little at times.
    11-09-2017 08:55 AM
    Oh, so there's no way to fix this issue ? I guess downloading another launcher can get this working for you , OP
    11-09-2017 09:52 AM
    I too was going to state this. If you get a notification while your phone is locked, and then you unlock it, said notification won't appear on your lockscreen again when the screen is locked. Same when you get notifications while your phone is locked. I've gotten used to it but yes, it still frustrates me a little at times.
    Oh that sucks. Hopefully they will fix it in an update
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-09-2017 10:48 AM
    Oh that sucks. Hopefully they will fix it in an update
    This has been my experience, anyway. Hopefully they do! Sometimes I "miss" texts, so to speak, when this happens.
    11-09-2017 12:15 PM
    This has been my experience, anyway. Hopefully they do! Sometimes I "miss" texts, so to speak, when this happens.
    Oh that really sucks. They really need to fix this. Did you guys send a bug report to Huawei on this?
    11-09-2017 03:52 PM
    It's not so much a bug as it is a feature. I think it was my Xperia Z3 that connected lockscreen with regular notifications. Swipe away on the lockscreen and *poof* it's gone. Had a setting to turn that off, so that solved that.

Probably useful for some, didn't work at all for me. This EMUI solution isn't too bad for the way I use my phone. Not easy to build something that fits everyone. But in worse case you should be able to install a 3rd party replacement and solve it that way.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-09-2017 11:04 PM
    I don't remember this happening to my Honor phones. Maybe j wasn't paying too much attention to it. If it's a emui features then a different launcher can solve this
    11-10-2017 01:24 AM
    It's not so much a bug as it is a feature. I think it was my Xperia Z3 that connected lockscreen with regular notifications. Swipe away on the lockscreen and *poof* it's gone. Had a setting to turn that off, so that solved that.

Probably useful for some, didn't work at all for me. This EMUI solution isn't too bad for the way I use my phone. Not easy to build something that fits everyone. But in worse case you should be able to install a 3rd party replacement and solve it that way.
    You're right, I don't think it's a bug! I think my LG G3 still kept notifications "alert" even if my screen got unlocked after getting said messages. And while I do kind of see EMUI's point in this setting, I still sometimes miss random notifications; but it's not nearly enough that it's a big issue.
    11-10-2017 09:27 AM

Well it's a very annoying feature.
    11-10-2017 04:06 PM
    You're right, I don't think it's a bug! I think my LG G3 still kept notifications "alert" even if my screen got unlocked after getting said messages. And while I do kind of see EMUI's point in this setting, I still sometimes miss random notifications; but it's not nearly enough that it's a big issue.
    Well they should give you an option to use this feature or not.
    11-10-2017 04:06 PM
    I don't remember this happening to my Honor phones. Maybe j wasn't paying too much attention to it. If it's a emui features then a different launcher can solve this
    I don't remember this either but my honor phone isn't currently my primary phone
    11-10-2017 04:07 PM
    Isn't my main phone either but i use my M3 a lot. Haven't noticed it in their either.
    11-10-2017 04:12 PM
    Missing notifications can be a big deal if theyre important. I wonder why emui implement it like this
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-10-2017 04:17 PM
    Missing notifications can be a big deal if theyre important. I wonder why emui implement it like this
    Whatever the reason, I hope that they change their minds in a future update
    11-11-2017 12:14 AM
    Whatever the reason, I hope that they change their minds in a future update
    Yah, it shouldn't been implemented in the first place. They need to change it
    11-11-2017 01:10 AM
    Absolutely! I'm not sure either! Hopefully it will get fixed later on with updates.
    11-11-2017 09:32 AM
    Yah, it shouldn't been implemented in the first place. They need to change it
    Everyone who wants this fixed should contact Huawei to let them know
    11-11-2017 10:07 AM
    Absolutely! I'm not sure either! Hopefully it will get fixed later on with updates.
    Did you contact Huawei about this yet?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 10:07 AM
    Did you contact Huawei about this yet?
    Nope, to be honest I'm not too bothered by it. 😊
    11-11-2017 10:19 AM
    Nope, to be honest I'm not too bothered by it.
    Ah ok. Well if it didn't really bother you then just live with it.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 10:20 AM
    Ah ok. Well if it didn't really bother you then just live with it.
    Yup! It's not a big deal to me most of the time, but I can certainly understand the frustration some users have with it.
    11-11-2017 10:37 AM
    For those that wish to write to honor, you can do so through the link below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=QuQK27TH
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 10:46 AM
    Hoping so too!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-11-2017 03:49 PM
94 123 ...