Yesterday i needed to check the map. I opened up Google maps and 'wheres wally' was sticking his ugly head from the side of the screen. Nothing in the app would work. Eventually i uninstalled it. I got g maps off the store and put it in but it wont work properly - its slow and if i tap on something the black bar at the bottom flickers up and down slightly. Any ideas?
    Also the g maps is different from the g maps that was originally installed on the phone.
    04-06-2018 01:30 AM
    Did Google Maps come preinstalled on the phone, or did you have to install it yourself? Most Android devices have Google Maps preinstalled, which means you can't uninstall it completely.

What's "g maps"? Do you mean that you opened the Play Store and installed Google Maps from there? Or did you actually install an app called "G Maps"?

The Where's Waldo thing was only for April Fool's Day (and probable for a couple of days after that). I think it's over now.
    04-06-2018 02:18 AM
    By g maps i mean Google maps..
    Yes it was already installed on the phone.
    I accessed the app and tapped disable then the phone said 'uninstalling'.
    I reinstalled g maps from the play store but when i opened it the layout was different from before and it still wouldn't work properly.
    The app opens and i can move the map about but tapping the top left menu or the direction icon just makes the navigation bar at the bottom flicker up and down slightly. Also when tapping the square on the navigation bar to view all open apps does nothing. It seems like maps is half frozen if you see what i mean.
    04-07-2018 12:27 AM
    When you Disable a preinstalled app, it first uninstalls any updates, then disables the factory-installed version of the app. The reason the layout was different is that Google is constantly updating its apps, and the layout can often change significantly.

What happens if you swipe in from the left (instead of tapping the menu button at the upper left)? Does the Recent Apps button (the square button in the nav bar) always behave like that, or is it only when Google Maps is open?
    04-07-2018 12:25 PM
    Only when maps is open. It's like the app is struggling to think of what to do.
    I just tried swiping left on the app and the menu came up. It also closed normally too. Tapping on the direction icon does nothing tho '.
    04-07-2018 05:49 PM
    Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Maps, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Does the problem persist?
    04-07-2018 07:41 PM