Weird "shadow" on screen from last opened app

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

As per title, I've seen more and more such issue on my Huawei P10 (EMUI/Android 8.0) lately, as per screenshot attached.

It is only obvious on darker background. In the screenshot, the upper has the shadow from my Chrome browser, at the bottom there is the shadow of my keyboard open alongside my Chrome before I enter the current screen.

Anyone experience the same? Or do you know why is this happening?
2ee4c9439ee908c73cb59868085e5171.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re: Weird "shadow" on screen from last opened app

Are you sure it's showing in the screenshots? I don't see any 'shadows', only black, a weirdly cropped screen, and more black. (assuming those are 3 images stitched together).

If it doesn't show in the screenshots, then that's probably burn-in on your screen.

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Are you sure it's showing in the screenshots? I don't see any 'shadows', only black, a weirdly cropped screen, and more black. (assuming those are 3 images stitched together).

If it doesn't show in the screenshots, then that's probably burn-in on your screen.
Oh my... Now i look back at it, the screenshot (that was in a gallery view, hence, black on the top and bottom ) indeed doesn't have the so called shadow anymore. So i guess this means it is what you said, burn-in.. ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If when viewing the same image on the phone and on a computer you still see the 'shadow' on the phone only, then it's burn-in. Another 'tell' is that if you rotate the phone, images/apps rotate but the 'shadow' doesn't.

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

If when viewing the same image on the phone and on a computer you still see the 'shadow' on the phone only, then it's burn-in. Another 'tell' is that if you rotate the phone, images/apps rotate but the 'shadow' doesn't.

Thanks for enlightened me about burn-in. I've googled more about it and I'm almost certain that it's a burn-in now, considering the age of my P10 as well as the symptoms.

:)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You can try those burn-in apps that basically cycle through colors and brightness in hopes of diminishing the burn-in. Might help, might not. Worth a shot.

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

You can try those burn-in apps that basically cycle through colors and brightness in hopes of diminishing the burn-in. Might help, might not. Worth a shot.

Downloaded sFilter, so far so good! Haven't seen any burn-in these two days. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12