Problem with p20 pro battery?

Acopella 95

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
I have huawei mate 9 Pro and huawei p20 pro. I've notice something that I find it so weird and question myself is my p20 pro having issue with battery life.

HUAWEI mate 9 pro battery 77% and can last approx 18 hours

Huawei battery p20 pro 100% and can last approx only 15 hours WHAT!!

If turn on power saving mode.
Mate 9 Pro - 20 hours
P20 pro - 16 hours???? What happen to the 4000 mah?

I bought mine not long ago just 9 April
I was incredible the battery can last 1 day approx. After use for few weeks and update it change so fast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180420-105428.jpg
    Screenshot_20180420-105428.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG-20180420-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180420-WA0000.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 74

anon(9682303)

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
I have also found the battery to be hit and miss. I still get through a work day without having to charge but I was expecting it to be a machine and last well over a day :-\

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have huawei mate 9 Pro and huawei p20 pro. I've notice something that I find it so weird and question myself is my p20 pro having issue with battery life.

Mate 9 Pro - 20 hours

I was incredible the battery can last 1 day approx. After use for few weeks and update it change so fast.

I've been reading quite a few reviews saying their P20 Pro wasn't getting the same battery life that the Mate 10 Pro did either. They said it was still good just not AS good. I mentioned the same thing to someone yesterday about how the Mate 10 Pro had less than great battery life when it was first launched but was soon fixed with software updates and it's been fantastic since. Maybe the P20 Pro just needs the same and will be better after an update? Fingers crossed 🤞

Acopella 95

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
I've been reading quite a few reviews saying their P20 Pro wasn't getting the same battery life that the Mate 10 Pro did either. They said it was still good just not AS good. I mentioned the same thing to someone yesterday about how the Mate 10 Pro had less than great battery life when it was first launched but was soon fixed with software updates and it's been fantastic since. Maybe the P20 Pro just needs the same and will be better after an update? Fingers crossed
¾
´ž

Thanks for the reply. Ahhh it's happen right update the latest update yesterday CLT 8.1.0.106 to 107 and then battery suddenly went down hill that quick. But yeah hopefully the next update will fix this problem like you said. Finger cross
¾
´ž
¾
´ž

Acopella 95

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
I have also found the battery to be hit and miss. I still get through a work day without having to charge but I was expecting it to be a machine and last well over a day :-\

Hopefully the next update can fix that. I was so disappointed after I see my battery life approx only 15 hours even on 100% and constantly drain battery as well when I'm not even using it.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The estimated time left is just that. Estimated. It updates based on your usage and as the machine learning gets an idea of how you use your phone, it gets more accurate.

Acopella 95

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
The estimated time left is just that. Estimated. It updates based on your usage and as the machine learning gets an idea of how you use your phone, it gets more accurate.

Is it? I hope that's right otherwise I gonna be so disappointed as it keeps drain my battery quite fast even not using it.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Is it? I hope that's right otherwise I gonna be so disappointed as it keeps drain my battery quite fast even not using it.
I've had 9hrs screen on time some days, and it still lasted 19 hrs total that day even though it said I had 16hrs at the start of the day.
This example of my usage shows nearly 7hrs screen on time with 36% battery remaining and my screen usage includes a lot of video.
2e4f1dedd4aecfaf1c16c4ad9b923fd2.jpg

Acopella 95

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site

Rico4you

Q&A Team
Mar 4, 2017
Visit site

Mate 9 Pro - 20 hours

Wow! Was looking at P20 PRO in EU as an offer comes with a free 360 camera... but definitely a pass with this battery life! Top of the line price and device but totally inadequate if can't last a day!

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow! Was looking at P20 PRO in EU as an offer comes with a free 360 camera... but definitely a pass with this battery life! Top of the line price and device but totally inadequate if can't last a day!
It has never failed to go past a whole day for me.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
As one of the poster said above, that figure is merely an estimate, non conclusive. It changes depending on personal usage of the phone

Rico4you

Q&A Team
Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
As one of the poster said above, that figure is merely an estimate, non conclusive. It changes depending on personal usage of the phone
the mere fact of this thread is the doubts the battery has of P20 PRO. Now that is very conclusive but shows how important it is to keep proof of evidence!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Yes, it is definitely an estimation based on your usage for that day. My Pixel 2 does the same thing. Sometimes it'll say I have a day and six hours left of use; and other times, when I'm using it more heavily, it'll say 22 hours or something. Don't worry!

Also, as orangecroc above me stated, it'll take a little while/some charging cycles for the phone to become more intuitive and to perform at its maximum with regards to battery.

obiraa

May 9, 2018
Visit site

Mate 9 Pro - 20 hours

im having the same issues, i was expecting over a day's worth of battery but my p20 drains in less than a day. on a full day of use i had to charge it 3 times