Google assistant screen unlock.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Using Google assistant doesn't work when the phone is locked because it doesn't unlock the phone.
Anyone know a way to make this work?
Also it doesn't appear to let you change it from OK Google to hey Google.

TonyHove

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
In the Google Assistant settings I there's an option you can toggle on to unlock phone when Google assistant is activated. As for changing the hot word, I'm not too sure (haven't found it yet..)

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
In the Google Assistant settings I there's an option you can toggle on to unlock phone when Google assistant is activated. As for changing the hot word, I'm not too sure (haven't found it yet..)

It's set to unlock when assistant is activated, but it just won't do it in practice.
As for the hot word, it just popped up a few days ago saying that I could change the word, so that's fine now.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Pretty positive when you're using voice to unlock the phone you automatically lose the ability to use "Hey Google" and it reverts to only being accepting "OK Google" because it needs a more accurate voice model for security. You'll notice it when training your voice that it doesn't even give you the option any longer.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
As for the not waking it from sleep even though you've set it to then maybe it's a bit fussy like we've been experiencing on the Mate 10 Pro. It took many tries to get it set up and actually unlocking the phone and none of us know exactly what we did to get it going. It's now completely FUBAR on all our Mate 10 Pro's and has been for the past 7 days with no sign of a fix so hopefully the P20's don't go the same way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03