As far as I can tell, I have to set one notification sound for all apps. I've tried to fix this with Megasound, but the OS often killed the app despite battery saving options set, so I didn't get the notification before I unlocked the phone. Futhermore the stock sound keeps pushing through at random so I get two notification sound with SMS. Is there a better app? Is this an OS bug?
    05-07-2018 02:34 AM
    Many apps have an option to choose a specific notification one within the app's own menu. Are you saying that if you choose a separate notification tone for an app that has this in its menu, it still goes back to the default?
    05-07-2018 02:59 AM
    I use Textra as the default sms app, then you can set the sound you want for texting. Then for email use Gmail then set that sound, then the default which is the universal sound in settings is the only one left, since you used to other two in independent apps that allow you to set notification sound. I hope I explained that correctly. It's the only thing that annoys me about this phone other than that it's amazing.
    05-07-2018 06:01 PM
    The SMS notification is unstable if I change it. It sometimes is correct, and other times it notifies with ser sound and original sound almost at the same time. For all other apps I can only choose one sound for all. As for Gmail, there is no option for it's own sound.
    05-09-2018 11:34 AM
    The SMS notification is unstable if I change it. It sometimes is correct, and other times it notifies with ser sound and original sound almost at the same time. For all other apps I can only choose one sound for all. As for Gmail, there is no option for it's own sound.
    Yes, there is one for GMail but it is very unintuitive. Here it is:
    GMail->General Settings->Manage Notifications

Once there, for the account in question, select the Mail setting (don't click the slider, but click the entry - it should say "Normal: Allow..."). This will take you to another screen, where you will see a Sound option. You can set your custom sound there.
    05-09-2018 11:52 AM
    There it is! Thanks.
    Now Gmail is OK. Just to wait for the rest...
    05-18-2018 11:10 AM
    That's one of the many issues I found. That's why my P20 Pro is back in the box awaiting return authorization from my carrier. The software is....not quite ready for prime time.

I'm also not impressed with the cameras. The image processing/sharpening is brutal.
    05-20-2018 03:59 PM