I'm still lurking about here deciding whether to take the plunge on this device.

So todays question is regarding something that seems to be a dirty word on Android Central in general

The Selfie cam

Now I actually have found the selfie cam starting to become a higher priority now. Using the LG G6 with it's awful one has seen to that.

Before you all think I'm full of myself, the main/only reason I use the selfie cam is to get a nice pic of me and the wife or friends when we're out and noone is around to take a real pic.

My research into the P20 Pro shows that the selfie cam always seems to have a level of beautify mode on, which is a bit of a bummer for me.

Was wondering has any of the updates fixed that issue yet?

Thanks
    05-14-2018 04:23 AM
    Well no update here yet on that. When put the beauty mode to 0, it still makes changes.
    And the front camera still makes pictures way too bright.

Coming from iPhone X, I don't regret at all switching.
    05-14-2018 04:32 AM
    I see on XDA that P20 Pro get nee update in China, which fix beutifull mod.
    Truman82 likes this.
    05-14-2018 04:45 AM
    One of the things I don't like about the p20 is, for a high end phone, the screen is not 4k
    I'm still lurking about here deciding whether to take the plunge on this device.

So todays question is regarding something that seems to be a dirty word on Android Central in general

The Selfie cam

Now I actually have found the selfie cam starting to become a higher priority now. Using the LG G6 with it's awful one has seen to that.

Before you all think I'm full of myself, the main/only reason I use the selfie cam is to get a nice pic of me and the wife or friends when we're out and noone is around to take a real pic.

My research into the P20 Pro shows that the selfie cam always seems to have a level of beautify mode on, which is a bit of a bummer for me.

Was wondering has any of the updates fixed that issue yet?

Thanks
    Truman82 likes this.
    05-14-2018 04:57 AM
    It's really annoying me. If you forget to change it from portrait to just photo it takes screwy group pictures.
    05-14-2018 05:38 AM
    It's really annoying me. If you forget to change it from portrait to just photo it takes screwy group pictures.
    Lol yeah thats something I wasnt too keen on, it being defaulted to portrait mode.

But it's a simple enough work around, as you say, if you remember!

Thanks to everyone else who responded!
    It's given me a bit of hope for it, and coming from the G6 it will be a massive improvement
    05-14-2018 06:13 AM
    One of the things I don't like about the p20 is, for a high end phone, the screen is not 4k
    What phone do you know of that does 4k besides that one weird one Sony made? Do you mean 2k?
    05-14-2018 05:24 PM
    Is it 2k? Yea ur right.
    I was thinking the price for the p20, it only has a 1080p screen. Right?
    What phone do you know of that does 4k besides that one weird one Sony made? Do you mean 2k?
    05-14-2018 06:22 PM
    Is it 2k? Yea ur right.
    I was thinking the price for the p20, it only has a 1080p screen. Right?
    tbh I only notice a difference if side by side with a 1440p panel next to a 1080p panel

and the difference isnt even that much

If I'm going to compromise, screen resolution is the first place for me.
    05-15-2018 02:46 AM