No voicemail notification - Huawei P20 pro

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just made the leap as a long time iPhone user to getting a Huawei P20 pro. I like it, but there's a few things that I'm struggling with, one being the voicemail...

Someone had let me know they'd left me a voicemail, but I hadn't received a notification so had no idea. Googling the issue, I saw if you hold down 1 it called the voicemail but when I did that (it was calling 172) it promptly hung up and a notification appeared saying "SIM1: Conditional call forwarding enabled".

I then found out that the number for my voicemail was 443 not 172 - so I was able to access the numerous voicemails I'd received. Great. But... this still doesn't give me the notifications when I've missed a call and received a voicemail.

One website says "Your voicemail hasn't been set up. To check your voicemail, you need to select voicemail settings. Solution: Call 172 and follow the instructions to set up your voicemail." but of course 172 goes nowhere. I can't seem to find any other information online.

Anyone have any insight?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have no issues with miss calls or voicemail I would check with your service provider could be an issue with them not the phone. I don't recall messing around with that since I assume that's a standard notification setting for any phone.

Menorcaphile

May 25, 2018
Visit site
I agree with doohsun, voicemail settings and what number to call are managed by your service provider. not the phone. I'd check with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000