07-18-2018 05:26 PM
85 1234
tools
    Is it normal for the brightness slider to change on its own?
    06-13-2018 04:11 PM
    Is it normal for the brightness slider to change on its own?
    Do you have automatic brightness on?
    Go into settings, display, and look for automatic brightness. Toggle it to off if it's on.
    06-13-2018 04:41 PM
    Do you have automatic brightness on?
    Go into settings, display, and look for automatic brightness. Toggle it to off if it's on.
    Couldn't find automatic brightness but I have natural tone on. Is that the same thing?
    06-13-2018 04:55 PM
    That's not it.
    Try swiping down from the top of your screen. I believe on the right side of the notification shade, you should see a check box to toggle auto brightness on or off. I think it's right at the end of the brightness slider.

Turn off natural tone just to make sure though.
    06-13-2018 05:03 PM
    Just found this article. Looks like it might do that by design.

https://webcazine.com/forums/auto-br...after-restart/
    06-13-2018 05:08 PM
    This is what I have. No auto brightness
    Attached Thumbnails Questions about the Huawei P20 pro-378.jpg  
    06-13-2018 05:23 PM
    Oh wait I've found automatic brightness & yeah it's on but I need it to be on so the screen adjusts to the brightness outside.
    06-13-2018 05:30 PM
    And when you go into settings, display, there is no option for brightness?

From what I can find online, it looks like it could be a bug in newer Huawei phones or they programmed the phone to change the display brightness to conserve battery.
    06-13-2018 05:38 PM
    And when you go into settings, display, there is no option for brightness?

From what I can find online, it looks like it could be a bug in newer Huawei phones or they programmed the phone to change the display brightness to conserve battery.
    There is an option for brightness I found it in settings next to the brightness slider (wasn't looking properly first time) so that maybe doing it?

Kinda hope it's not a bug but if it is maybe it will get fixed in a future update?
    06-13-2018 05:45 PM
    There is an option for brightness I found it in settings next to the brightness slider (wasn't looking properly first time) so that maybe doing it?

Kinda hope it's not a bug but if it is maybe it will get fixed in a future update?
    Glad you found that.
    Big question is, did it work???
    06-13-2018 07:48 PM
    Glad you found that.
    Big question is, did it work???
    Turning auto brightness off doesn't make the brightness slider move. I went into a bright room & turned it back on & the brightness slider moved by itself so it's the auto brightness doing it. Will leave it on coz I need to be able to see the screen outside.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    06-14-2018 05:16 AM
    What's the difference between do not disturb & silence?
    06-15-2018 05:35 AM
    What's the difference between do not disturb & silence?
    Do not disturb you will not get vibrations where silent you will still get vibrations
    06-15-2018 09:11 AM
    Do not disturb you will not get vibrations where silent you will still get vibrations
    I found somewhere in settings that I can turn off vibrations while in silent. When I'm asleep I don't want the phone vibrating or ringing so I disabled vibrations while in silent mode.

Also for some reason my reminders don't go off in Google calendar. They still go off on my old phone but they don't go off on this phone. Will I have to put the reminder in the calendar that came preloaded on the phone instead?
    06-15-2018 12:12 PM
    Don't no why but my phone froze when I tried to exit the Twitter app. Hope that was a one off otherwise I'll be getting a replacement. Had to hold down the power button to force the phone to restart.
    06-17-2018 07:20 PM
    Twitter Works here fine. Maybe it was random bug?
    06-17-2018 11:08 PM
    Twitter Works here fine. Maybe it was random bug?
    Yeah Twitter works fine but just strange that it froze on a phone that's less than a week old. Hopefully just a one off bug as I do love this phone.
    06-18-2018 05:53 PM
    On Android I think it is mostly app development bug. Not about OS. for example Twitter releases update which will cause it to randomly freeze. After a week they release another update which will fix that.
    06-19-2018 01:02 AM
    On Android I think it is mostly app development bug. Not about OS. for example Twitter releases update which will cause it to randomly freeze. After a week they release another update which will fix that.
    That's the first time Twitter has froze on me.
    06-19-2018 05:37 AM
    Ok think this is becoming a problem. On Saturday was out playing Pokemon go the game froze & my phone restarted itself & today was on Facebook messenger & was in the middle of typing & it froze & the phone restarted itself. Surly this isn't normal for a new phone?
    06-20-2018 07:12 AM
    When you setup your new Huawei did you do a clone from your old to the new phone? I would advise not to I just set mine up from Fresh. I find a lot times when you try to clone from your old phone to the new it tends to carry problems to the new phone. Possibly rogue apps might be better if you do a factory restore all your stuff contacts/apps backed up to your gmail if not make sure you do. You can back up all your photos using the google photo it's unlimited storage if not again connect it to your computer drag and drop.
    06-20-2018 07:56 AM
    When you setup your new Huawei did you do a clone from your old to the new phone? I would advise not to I just set mine up from Fresh. I find a lot times when you try to clone from your old phone to the new it tends to carry problems to the new phone. Possibly rogue apps might be better if you do a factory restore all your stuff contacts/apps backed up to your gmail if not make sure you do. You can back up all your photos using the google photo it's unlimited storage if not again connect it to your computer drag and drop.
    I tried to clone from my old phone but kept getting errors so set it up as a new device & it started downloading all my apps I have on my old phone & updating apps too.
    06-20-2018 09:30 AM
    I tried to clone from my old phone but kept getting errors so set it up as a new device & it started downloading all my apps I have on my old phone & updating apps too.
    If you set it up as a new device, it should not have just started downloading all of your apps. Sounds like you got a borked setup. You might try taking the sim card out and factory resetting the phone again. I know it's a hassle, but your phone is definitely not acting correctly. I would even skip the step asking to connect to your WiFi network during setup. Then, once it's complete, sign into your WiFi and put your sim card back in it.
    06-20-2018 11:04 AM
    If you set it up as a new device, it should not have just started downloading all of your apps. Sounds like you got a borked setup. You might try taking the sim card out and factory resetting the phone again. I know it's a hassle, but your phone is definitely not acting correctly. I would even skip the step asking to connect to your WiFi network during setup. Then, once it's complete, sign into your WiFi and put your sim card back in it.
    So basically start 100% fresh & download each app separately one at a time?
    06-20-2018 01:28 PM
    So basically start 100% fresh & download each app separately one at a time?
    Yeah, unfortunately, that's the only good way of making sure that everything installs appropriately. Bummer, I know.
    06-20-2018 01:36 PM
85 1234