07-18-2018 05:26 PM
85 1234
tools
    Strange how you have had problems I have not had one yet, I am not impressed
    06-20-2018 04:41 PM
    Can't believe I've gotta factory reset the phone & start fresh with everything. It took me ages to get this phone set up how I like it like turning the vibrations off for Twitter etc. Just hope this will work. Thought it might be something more simple like booting into safe mode & clearing the cache.

With my Huawei ID do I sign in to this one or create a new one?
    06-20-2018 07:26 PM
    Do not use phone clone, it might change some things in your UI as well, it's better to just set up as new.
    06-20-2018 08:14 PM
    Can't believe I've gotta factory reset the phone & start fresh with everything. It took me ages to get this phone set up how I like it like turning the vibrations off for Twitter etc. Just hope this will work. Thought it might be something more simple like booting into safe mode & clearing the cache.

With my Huawei ID do I sign in to this one or create a new one?
    You can try the safe mode thing to see.
    It's a pain to do the reset, but it'll most likely be your best bet.
    I'd skip signing into your Huawei account during set up if you can. If you don't log onto your WiFi during set up, you don't need to worry about signing into your Huawei account until afterwards. Best of luck.
    06-20-2018 08:58 PM
    Do I need to turn my phone off to take out my SIM card & put it back in? Also is it necessary to take the sim card out?
    06-21-2018 06:12 PM
    Do I need to turn my phone off to take out my SIM card & put it back in? Also is it necessary to take the sim card out?
    I always do, but I don't think it's necessary.

The only reason I suggested taking the Sim card out was to keep your phone from connecting to any network, so that the phone would completely finish the initial set up before any apps would download or update. It was just a safeguard from another potential corrupt set up.
    06-21-2018 08:33 PM
    So how do I factory reset this phone? Is it in settings or do I have to boot into recovery mode to do it?
    06-22-2018 05:27 AM
    settings
    - go to system
    - if you need to back up any of your stuff hi back up & restore just make sure it's backed up to your google account.
    - if you don't need to back up just hit reset there's an option for factory restore.
    06-22-2018 06:24 AM
    settings
    - go to system
    - if you need to back up any of your stuff hi back up & restore just make sure it's backed up to your google account.
    - if you don't need to back up just hit reset there's an option for factory restore.
    What does this last option mean? Should I turn it off?
    Attached Thumbnails Questions about the Huawei P20 pro-5121.jpg  
    06-22-2018 06:30 AM
    So how do I factory reset this phone? Is it in settings or do I have to boot into recovery mode to do it?
    On my Honor device, you go into Settings, scroll down and tap Advanced Settings, scroll down to Backup and Reset, and then tap Factory Data Reset.
    06-22-2018 06:31 AM
    On my Honor device, you go into Settings, scroll down and tap Advanced Settings, scroll down to Backup and Reset, and then tap Factory Data Reset.
    There is no advanced settings on this phone. Not that I can find.
    06-22-2018 06:34 AM
    There is no advanced settings on this phone. Not that I can find.
    Take a look at this:
    06-22-2018 07:03 AM
    Ok I've done the factory data reset & started it as a new device but how do I change to the Google keyboard?
    06-23-2018 08:34 AM
    Ok I've done the factory data reset & started it as a new device but how do I change to the Google keyboard?
    You'll need to download Gboard from the Play Store. Once downloaded, just open it like any other app and it will walk you through the process of setting it up.
    06-23-2018 01:53 PM
    You'll need to download Gboard from the Play Store. Once downloaded, just open it like any other app and it will walk you through the process of setting it up.
    Don't worry I've found it. Got the phone all set up for how I had it before but can't find the turn off vibrations from twitter notifications. Also can't find the always on display too.
    06-23-2018 01:58 PM
    Don't worry I've found it. Got the phone all set up for how I had it before but can't find the turn off vibrations from twitter notifications. Also can't find the always on display too.
    Good. Glad you got it set up like you want it.

I can't help you with Twitter, unfortunately.

For the AOD, go to Settings, Security, Screen Lock & Passwords, Always Display Information.
    Lucy Davies likes this.
    06-23-2018 02:25 PM
    This link might have some useful information for you, too.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...ps-and-tricks/
    Lucy Davies likes this.
    06-23-2018 02:26 PM
    Thank you now I have my AOD plus I read that article too. Thank you was useful.
    06-23-2018 06:56 PM
    Thank you now I have my AOD plus I read that article too. Thank you was useful.
    That's great. You're welcome. Glad you got it working.
    06-23-2018 07:38 PM
    For some reason when I got to settings then choose my Huawei ID I can't get cloud to connect. Every time I try it says failed to connect to server. Had it connected before I factory reset the phone. Any ideas how to get it connected?
    06-25-2018 05:09 AM
    For some reason when I got to settings then choose my Huawei ID I can't get cloud to connect. Every time I try it says failed to connect to server. Had it connected before I factory reset the phone. Any ideas how to get it connected?
    I never used Huawei's cloud service, so I'm not sure what's going on. You might want to try logging in to your account from your PC to see if it gives you any info. You might need to add your phone to your account again since you reset it, but that's probably not the issue.
    06-25-2018 06:11 AM
    How is your Facebook app? I'm having scrolling lag and stutters a lot.
    06-25-2018 12:59 PM
    I've noticed the same but this seemed to happen after Facebook did some updates definitely them and not the phone.
    06-25-2018 01:01 PM
    How is your Facebook app? I'm having scrolling lag and stutters a lot.
    Before I factory reset the phone Facebook did lag a bit when scrolling but now I've set it up as a new device it hasn't lagged at all.

Also resolved my own problem of not getting cloud enabled on my Huawei account I tried it on 4G instead of WiFi & it worked happy now.
    Scienceguy Labs and JZ VR like this.
    06-25-2018 06:10 PM
    Is there somewhere I can buy the official Huawei charger cable? Looked on Amazon & there are just third party ones. Need a spare so I can charge my phone while I'm out playing Pokémon go all day & don't wanna damage the only cable I have for this phone.
    06-26-2018 08:12 PM
85 1234