Questions about the Huawei P20 pro

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
On Android I think it is mostly app development bug. Not about OS. for example Twitter releases update which will cause it to randomly freeze. After a week they release another update which will fix that.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
On Android I think it is mostly app development bug. Not about OS. for example Twitter releases update which will cause it to randomly freeze. After a week they release another update which will fix that.

That's the first time Twitter has froze on me.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok think this is becoming a problem. On Saturday was out playing Pokemon go the game froze & my phone restarted itself & today was on Facebook messenger & was in the middle of typing & it froze & the phone restarted itself. Surly this isn't normal for a new phone?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
When you setup your new Huawei did you do a clone from your old to the new phone? I would advise not to I just set mine up from Fresh. I find a lot times when you try to clone from your old phone to the new it tends to carry problems to the new phone. Possibly rogue apps might be better if you do a factory restore all your stuff contacts/apps backed up to your gmail if not make sure you do. You can back up all your photos using the google photo it's unlimited storage if not again connect it to your computer drag and drop.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
When you setup your new Huawei did you do a clone from your old to the new phone? I would advise not to I just set mine up from Fresh. I find a lot times when you try to clone from your old phone to the new it tends to carry problems to the new phone. Possibly rogue apps might be better if you do a factory restore all your stuff contacts/apps backed up to your gmail if not make sure you do. You can back up all your photos using the google photo it's unlimited storage if not again connect it to your computer drag and drop.

I tried to clone from my old phone but kept getting errors so set it up as a new device & it started downloading all my apps I have on my old phone & updating apps too.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I tried to clone from my old phone but kept getting errors so set it up as a new device & it started downloading all my apps I have on my old phone & updating apps too.
If you set it up as a new device, it should not have just started downloading all of your apps. Sounds like you got a borked setup. You might try taking the sim card out and factory resetting the phone again. I know it's a hassle, but your phone is definitely not acting correctly. I would even skip the step asking to connect to your WiFi network during setup. Then, once it's complete, sign into your WiFi and put your sim card back in it.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If you set it up as a new device, it should not have just started downloading all of your apps. Sounds like you got a borked setup. You might try taking the sim card out and factory resetting the phone again. I know it's a hassle, but your phone is definitely not acting correctly. I would even skip the step asking to connect to your WiFi network during setup. Then, once it's complete, sign into your WiFi and put your sim card back in it.

So basically start 100% fresh & download each app separately one at a time?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Can't believe I've gotta factory reset the phone & start fresh with everything. It took me ages to get this phone set up how I like it like turning the vibrations off for Twitter etc. Just hope this will work. Thought it might be something more simple like booting into safe mode & clearing the cache.

With my Huawei ID do I sign in to this one or create a new one?

Last edited:

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Do not use phone clone, it might change some things in your UI as well, it's better to just set up as new.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Can't believe I've gotta factory reset the phone & start fresh with everything. It took me ages to get this phone set up how I like it like turning the vibrations off for Twitter etc. Just hope this will work. Thought it might be something more simple like booting into safe mode & clearing the cache.

With my Huawei ID do I sign in to this one or create a new one?
You can try the safe mode thing to see.
It's a pain to do the reset, but it'll most likely be your best bet.
I'd skip signing into your Huawei account during set up if you can. If you don't log onto your WiFi during set up, you don't need to worry about signing into your Huawei account until afterwards. Best of luck.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Do I need to turn my phone off to take out my SIM card & put it back in? Also is it necessary to take the sim card out?
I always do, but I don't think it's necessary.

The only reason I suggested taking the Sim card out was to keep your phone from connecting to any network, so that the phone would completely finish the initial set up before any apps would download or update. It was just a safeguard from another potential corrupt set up.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
settings
- go to system
- if you need to back up any of your stuff hi back up & restore just make sure it's backed up to your google account.
- if you don't need to back up just hit reset there's an option for factory restore.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
settings
- go to system
- if you need to back up any of your stuff hi back up & restore just make sure it's backed up to your google account.
- if you don't need to back up just hit reset there's an option for factory restore.

What does this last option mean? Should I turn it off?

Attachments

• 5121.jpg
    5121.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 54

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power