I was just hoping someone could tell me whether there's a way to fix these annoying things on my new phone as I never had the issue before. First, every time I use certain apps, I get a notification to warn me that the app is displaying over other apps and I can select the notification to disable it. Can I disable this warning appearing as I'm already aware of what it's telling me and don't need to be notified constantly.

Also, even with the sound turned off, sometimes I get a message pop up to tell me that an app changed sound to vibration, yet it still makes a sound, and it tells me I can manually adjust the volume to recover sound. Again, I don't want to be told about this every time and annoying, it still makes a sound even though my sound is turned off and it's telling me the sound was changed to a vibration.

Finally, the notch settings are annoying. With the notch turned on, it obviously cuts a notch out of whatever is displayed. I would have thought that turning the notch off would cause full screen apps to begin below where the notch ends, but no. It just cuts a portion of the display off instead. So with Instagram stories for example, it cuts off the timer bars completely.

Is there any way to change these things? Any advice would be appreciated.
    07-01-2018 12:30 PM
    I moved this from the Oreo forum to the P20 Pro forum for more specific traffic.
    07-02-2018 04:55 PM
    Finally, the notch settings are annoying. With the notch turned on, it obviously cuts a notch out of whatever is displayed. I would have thought that turning the notch off would cause full screen apps to begin below where the notch ends, but no. It just cuts a portion of the display off instead. So with Instagram stories for example, it cuts off the timer bars completely.

Is there any way to change these things? Any advice would be appreciated.
    What annoys me about the notch is the fact, that the status bar is effectively shortened and the icons are extremely small, so I can not even read them.
    I hoped that turning the notch off would place the status bar below the notch, thus allowing for bigger icons and more space, but instead it only blackens the background of the status bar and everything remains the same.

What you posted is clearly a bug that has to be corrected.
    There should be per app notch behavior setting on Android 8 under developer options, which could fix your problem with Instagram, but I can not find it on P20 pro EMUI 8.1 :-(
    07-18-2018 07:41 AM
    What annoys me about the notch is the fact, that the status bar is effectively shortened and the icons are extremely small, so I can not even read them.
    I hoped that turning the notch off would place the status bar below the notch, thus allowing for bigger icons and more space, but instead it only blackens the background of the status bar and everything remains the same.

What you posted is clearly a bug that has to be corrected.
    There should be per app notch behavior setting on Android 8 under developer options, which could fix your problem with Instagram, but I can not find it on P20 pro EMUI 8.1 :-(
    What annoys me about the notch is that even when you switch to landscape there's a simulated notch there and it still doesn't show notifications in the center.
    07-20-2018 10:40 PM