09-26-2018 04:03 AM
37 12
tools
    Not seeing anything of the sorts on my P20 Pro.

On the photo end of things, wouldn't to be related to the type of case you are using would it (if you are using one that is)? Could be interfering with lenses in some way or causing light to be directed into them non-conventionally.

I've transferred many a videos from security / dash cams, and other, to my P20 Pro with no degradation in quality whatsoever.

Your screen resolution still set at its default of FHD+? Haven't noticed it makes a whole lot of difference on mine. Have you viewed photos on a computer monitor, same green and pinkish blotches present?

Either you got unlucky twice with a defective device or it's something related to your settings and/or, something other.
    No cases used. Screen set on fhd +. It's like the hdr is causing it and creating these weird colours. I'll try and post a test pic. Yeah I had a look on the laptop and it's still there.
    Seems to mainly happen on indoor shots.Anyone else losing interst in this camera hence the phone ?-img_20180702_050029.jpgAnyone else losing interst in this camera hence the phone ?-img_20180702_050113.jpg
    09-22-2018 10:54 PM
    Testing the hdr and the first pic has green type of artifacts in the right corner. The other is pink with wierd streaks. First pic came out sideways for some reason. Depending on the brightness of the screen you view the pics on you can see it. Can see it also when zoomed on those areas.
    09-22-2018 10:57 PM
    See what you are saying but can't say we've experienced anything similar, HDR mode or otherwise. Do notice a fair amount of grain in the darker areas, those that you say have the green / pink artefacts / streaks in them. Hard pressed to find any of my pics taken to-date exhibiting grain to that degree if at all.

Does this happen in other rooms under similar conditions? How about in better light like outdoors, any noticeable issues there?

What resolution are you shooting at, 40M, 10M, etc? And what about colour profile, Standard, Vivid Colours, or Smooth Colours?

And one other thing. Not sure where you got your P20 Pro's from but there's nothing on the lenses from the factory by chance is there.
    09-23-2018 12:19 AM
    See what you are saying but can't say we've experienced anything similar, HDR mode or otherwise. Do notice a fair amount of grain in the darker areas, those that you say have the green / pink artefacts / streaks in them. Hard pressed to find any of my pics taken to-date exhibiting grain to that degree if at all.

Does this happen in other rooms under similar conditions? How about in better light like outdoors, any noticeable issues there?

What resolution are you shooting at, 40M, 10M, etc? And what about colour profile, Standard, Vivid Colours, or Smooth Colours?

And one other thing. Not sure where you got your P20 Pro's from but there's nothing on the lenses from the factory by chance is there.
    Outdoors or in bright light is fine. When inside though it shows up. I took those shots to see if it was a one off and it wasn't unfortunately.
    I haven't got the original shots when I noticed it unfortunately.
    Was just a few simple pics of my daughter standing in the hallway. That's when I first noticed weird noise on the walls.
    These were all in auto 10mp standard.
    Nothing on any of the lenses and also clean.
    09-23-2018 04:13 AM
    Outdoors or in bright light is fine. When inside though it shows up. I took those shots to see if it was a one off and it wasn't unfortunately.
    I haven't got the original shots when I noticed it unfortunately.
    Was just a few simple pics of my daughter standing in the hallway. That's when I first noticed weird noise on the walls.
    These were all in auto 10mp standard.
    Nothing on any of the lenses and also clean.
    OK. After much trial and error was able to replicate, to a very small degree, same issues you are experiencing. Also saw similar using another smartphone with an inferior camera. Now this was shooting in what I'd consider very complex, and somewhat unconventional, lighting conditions. Daylight hours indoors with and without lighting (HDR on and off), and dark areas in scene - did not notice much difference w/final output using the std photo mode or HDR in the sense where one caused worse artefacts, colour hues / bleeds.

Also went through all my photos taken w/P20 Pro to-date as well and could not find any concerns there either. Very pleased with the quality / consistency of its output. Now not being you nor have ever owned a Pixel not sure if that would alter my opinion in any way.
    mwboost and storvay like this.
    09-23-2018 04:27 PM
    OK. After much trial and error was able to replicate, to a very small degree, same issues you are experiencing. Also saw similar using another smartphone with an inferior camera. Now this was shooting in what I'd consider very complex, and somewhat unconventional, lighting conditions. Daylight hours indoors with and without lighting (HDR on and off), and dark areas in scene - did not notice much difference w/final output using the std photo mode or HDR in the sense where one caused worse artefacts, colour hues / bleeds.

Also went through all my photos taken w/P20 Pro to-date as well and could not find any concerns there either. Very pleased with the quality / consistency of its output. Now not being you nor have ever owned a Pixel not sure if that would alter my opinion in any way.
    Ah ok. Yeah. I'm not sure what to do. Though I'd still recommend this phone to anyone as it's still a great phone.
    09-23-2018 05:01 PM
    Ah ok. Yeah. I'm not sure what to do. Though I'd still recommend this phone to anyone as it's still a great phone.
    Suppose if I saw what you are seeing on a frequent basis I'd be critical of it too but in all honesty, I am not. Still finding it strange two devices with similar issues - your OS and everything is up-to-date isn't it?

How's the problem you were having w/videos being downloaded onto it from another device? What's your transfer method for those videos? Anything you stream via YouTube etc looks OK when played back on the P20 Pro?
    09-23-2018 05:39 PM
    Suppose if I saw what you are seeing on a frequent basis I'd be critical of it too but in all honesty, I am not. Still finding it strange two devices with similar issues - your OS and everything is up-to-date isn't it?

How's the problem you were having w/videos being downloaded onto it from another device? What's your transfer method for those videos? Anything you stream via YouTube etc looks OK when played back on the P20 Pro?
    Yep all up to date. I used the huawei wifi phone clone app. I was a bit suspicious about it. Like it stopped a few times but I did the transfer all over again.
    I prefer the pixel /Samsung way just by plugging the devices into eachother.
    YouTube and all that is is fine.
    09-24-2018 01:03 AM
    Try cleaning your camera lens'. You'd be surprised at what gets on there and how it effects your photos.
    09-24-2018 09:59 AM
    Try cleaning your camera lens'. You'd be surprised at what gets on there and how it effects your photos.
    Doubting that's it as this is the OP's second device exhibiting similar issues as first.
    09-24-2018 08:01 PM
    Sorry just saw the attached photos. The coloured streaking in the first photo is because of the mesh screen inside the window, it is reflecting/diffusing some of the light. The artefacts around the green leaves is probably due to the window. Go outside and shoot the same scene and compare the results.
    09-25-2018 10:15 AM
    Just gotten the phone. Still playing around and trying out the low light capabilities of the phone. However, 1 thing really makes me quirk. Why does the camera tends to displaying the message "sharpening the photo, please steady your device", especially between low light shots. I thought it was something to do with Master AI, but it is still displaying regardless of the toggle state. Occasionally, it also happened during day shots and even in the regular Photo mode. Some say that's how the P20 camera works and just like other DLSR as well. But I'm not too buying into that idea.

Firstly, it's a mobile phone camera not some sophisticated DLSR gears. Consumers point and shoot and move on. The few second delays are causing photo blurs and missing moments. Secondly, I'm not in any long exposure modes so it shouldn't ask me to wait. Thirdly, the delay time does not have any significant improvements at all for the low light photos comparing to my Note 8. And come on Huawei, it's 2018 and do we still need to keep steady hands when taking low light photography?? I'm kinda of getting skeptical about how good the camera is actually.
    Moving the phone does not impact quality, never waited all photos have turned out fine.
    09-26-2018 04:03 AM
37 12