Got my p20 pro two days ago. Great device. Runs buttery smooth , takes great photos. And amazing battery life. Sadly the store I bought it didn't have any cases. Dropped it while getting out of my vehicle today and screen is shattered . First drop... Fail lol . Have to send it in for repair. What cases are you guys using ?
    andrew_ackley likes this.
    07-31-2018 10:08 AM
    Got my p20 pro two days ago. Great device. Runs buttery smooth , takes great photos. And amazing battery life. Sadly the store I bought it didn't have any cases. Dropped it while getting out of my vehicle today and screen is shattered . First drop... Fail lol . Have to send it in for repair. What cases are you guys using ?
    At least here in DK, there is a 3 month screen guarantee, get swapped for free if you drop it. But you need to register with Huawei for it. There must be a corresponding English language link, but it didn't work for me to simply change dk to en.

https://consumer.huawei.com/dk/suppo...eregistration/

I use this cover which I find gives the best protection. I tried some slim ones, but none of them ensured that the camera lenses doesn't touch the surface it lies on.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07BFPTPLP/...cUvbUpU6293671
    07-31-2018 01:54 PM
    yea it's not offered in the Canadian market. super fragile phone. Huawei told me it would be around 300$ to replace screen per their repair facility in Ontario . the LCD is fine . just glass. and replacement glass Is cheap. but I'm guessing it's not something I want to tackle on my own
    07-31-2018 03:36 PM
    Oh no... Feel you pain brother , that happened to me with my old S8.

I just Unboxed my Black P20p yesterday... store didnt have the Blue in stock... and Im sick to death of hearing about, seeing the Twilight, so I went for Black...

Im in UK, and these are UK Links... but have a look at these..

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=P37CpBny

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=zE6rtVR0

Im just using the one that comes bundled in the box, I gotta say, for a FREE case, its pretty sturdy and has decent corners and Im just using the pre-installed plastic screenie, for the moment anyways..

Please say you have insurance?
    07-31-2018 04:39 PM
    I have insurance but it's requiring I pay a fee for a device replacement. 200$ Canadian . on the bright side my case will be here in a few days and so will my replacement device. I won't use it til I get it in the case. upon further inspection of the device the back glass Hasan crack beside the camera glass as well . great phone .. but not very durable.
    07-31-2018 07:57 PM
    I have insurance but it's requiring I pay a fee for a device replacement. 200$ Canadian . on the bright side my case will be here in a few days and so will my replacement device. I won't use it til I get it in the case. upon further inspection of the device the back glass Hasan crack beside the camera glass as well . great phone .. but not very durable.

Sorry to hear about the break on your phone. I have a question: I was thinking about buying a Huawei phone (P20 Pro). I am in the United States. You know that the company is being banned in the USA. Every phone I see for sale on Amazon says no US warranty. Is Huawei going to stop selling phones for US market?? The Mate 10 Pro has a US Warranty but the P20 came after the ban so it seems that they are done with US market. Any help would be appreciated.
    07-31-2018 09:13 PM
    I'd assume if they can't sell it officially . there will be no warranty option for you . I'm guessing you can still send it to Huawei for repair. but it will not cover any accidental damage
    08-01-2018 07:21 AM
    make sure you get a case for this phone . or you don't work outside. mine was only dropped from waist height ... but it was over pavement and it hit just the right spot on the corner to break both front and back glass. doesn't seem to have much buffer between glass and metal
    08-01-2018 07:22 AM
    i bought a case and a tempered glass before i got the phone lol knowing that it will get damaged easily. Got all my stuff from Amazon a lot quicker and more reasonable priced.
    08-01-2018 10:12 AM
    That's sad to hear. You can crack any gorilla glass screen on its first dropped. They're not shatterproof. Definitely get a case and tempered glass right away

I remember seeing Jonathon Morrison dropped his S9+ during a video and cracked on the first dropped too.
    08-04-2018 10:01 PM
    I installed a Nillkin Tempered glass screen protector, generic camera lens guard and use a Ringke Fusion X case. Got it all here in the Philippines. The case works great, the raised bezels provide adequate protection to the screen and rear cameras. I also use Supcase brands on my previous phones. Sadly, it's not available here for the P20 pro. I'll probably get it from Amazon in the US.
    08-05-2018 03:34 AM
    The Pro20 I bought thru Amazon came with a clear case & glass protector.
    08-06-2018 05:08 PM
    I installed a Nillkin Tempered glass screen protector, generic camera lens guard and use a Ringke Fusion X case. Got it all here in the Philippines. The case works great, the raised bezels provide adequate protection to the screen and rear cameras. I also use Supcase brands on my previous phones. Sadly, it's not available here for the P20 pro. I'll probably get it from Amazon in the US.
    I have the ringke fusion x case and the OtterBox prefix . How does the tempered glass fit with a case on ? Any lifting ? Edges staying down ?
    08-06-2018 06:24 PM
    Oh no! So sorry that happened! Yeah, the Canadian market isn't always do great for accessories for Huawei devices. I'd always use Amazon for my case needs when I had my Honor 8.
    08-06-2018 07:27 PM
    Yea. I got my cases in the mail after I had already broken the device
    08-08-2018 02:56 PM
    Yea. I got my cases in the mail after I had already broken the device
    That's so unfortunate! At least you'll be prepared with the new cases for when you get your replacement!
    08-08-2018 05:47 PM
    got a notification that my new device is out for delivery. cases are ready and waiting . now to find a tempered glass screen protector that fits with a case
    08-09-2018 08:31 AM
    i got my tempered glass from Amazon and works fine

https://www.amazon.ca/2-Pack-Protect...cUvbUpU6299819

comes with 2 works fine for me no issues works with any case.
    08-09-2018 09:53 AM
    Just dropped my phone from waist hight landed screen down then flipped on its back. Luckily no scratches & no cracks. I do have a case on my phone made by Spigen thinking the case saved my phone. Just hope I haven't dislodged anything inside the phone. That always worries me.
    09-06-2018 02:03 PM