I find it funny mean while U.S complains about Huawei Phones are spying on us and here you are with Google tracks your movements on your phone, even if you tell it not to.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4384183/g...ovement-phone/

I'm sure Apple is doing the exact same thing.

lol.
    08-13-2018 10:15 AM
    There's a difference between the phone getting your location (if you do a search, you might want it to be limited to your area. It's nice to know about a tire shop on another continent, but you need one nearby, so you can get your flat fixed), and reporting them back to Google, which not all apps do.

Maps, when it starts up, if you have GPS enabled, uses GPS to find out where it is. If you haven't run it in a few days, it needs to locate the satellites that are supposed to be currently overhead. Again, if you have "don't report this" set, it only stores locally.

Sure, the police can get a warrant for your phone, but just grabbing it to see where it's been without a warrant, in the US, is a violation of the 4th amendment, and all subsequent information coming from that knowledge gets tossed (theoretically).

It's like wanting the convenience of using a credit card without leaving a financial (and location) trail - either you lie on the grid or off it - you can't have the convenience of living on it and the privacy of living off it.
    08-13-2018 12:08 PM
    There's a difference between the phone getting your location (if you do a search, you might want it to be limited to your area. It's nice to know about a tire shop on another continent, but you need one nearby, so you can get your flat fixed), and reporting them back to Google, which not all apps do.

Maps, when it starts up, if you have GPS enabled, uses GPS to find out where it is. If you haven't run it in a few days, it needs to locate the satellites that are supposed to be currently overhead. Again, if you have "don't report this" set, it only stores locally.

Sure, the police can get a warrant for your phone, but just grabbing it to see where it's been without a warrant, in the US, is a violation of the 4th amendment, and all subsequent information coming from that knowledge gets tossed (theoretically).

It's like wanting the convenience of using a credit card without leaving a financial (and location) trail - either you lie on the grid or off it - you can't have the convenience of living on it and the privacy of living off it.
    Please, we all know the gov is tracking everything we do, what the NSA is doing is a violation of the 4th amendment but not that they could care any less. I live in Canada, one of my friends did a Google search of the bomb used in the Boston marathon thirty minutes later when he went outside there was a police car parked outside his house, it can only be worse in the US, even landline calls+TVs are being monitored. The decision to ban Huawei was either the action of lobbyists or is just protectionism. Ironic the only backdoor ever found on Huawei equipment was planted by the NSA to spy on Huawei.
    08-15-2018 08:16 AM
    Gross
    08-15-2018 05:41 PM
    Please, we all know the gov is tracking everything we do, what the NSA is doing is a violation of the 4th amendment but not that they could care any less. I live in Canada, one of my friends did a Google search of the bomb used in the Boston marathon thirty minutes later when he went outside there was a police car parked outside his house, it can only be worse in the US, even landline calls+TVs are being monitored. The decision to ban Huawei was either the action of lobbyists or is just protectionism. Ironic the only backdoor ever found on Huawei equipment was planted by the NSA to spy on Huawei.
    lol.....
    08-16-2018 03:52 AM