Can't upload photos from gallery.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
As above, I've had no problems until I tried to upload a couple of images today.. anyone else having similar issues? Thanks, David.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting any errors? Did you have issues uploading to a particular app or does it fail with any app/e-mail/message?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, I can upload a message /reply but when I try to add a photo from my gallery using the AC app I get a failed to upload message.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, I can upload a message /reply but when I try to add a photo from my gallery using the AC app I get a failed to upload message.
Is that a photo you took with your phone or a different type of file? Sometimes there are problems trying to upload png files (screenshot).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, check if the app (either the AC App or a Forums app or a browser) has Storage Access enabled in the permissions.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Also, check if the app (either the AC App or a Forums app or a browser) has Storage Access enabled in the permissions.
Can't attach a photo taken by my phone directly either, nor can I attach a photo using the AC app on my Pixelbook.. Very strange

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Can't attach a photo taken by my phone directly either, nor can I attach a photo using the AC app on my Pixelbook.. Very strange

Have been trying to resolve the issue for almost a week now with no luck.. Have deleted and reinstalled the AC app, turned phone off and rebooted, created a new account with password, tried my Pixelbook, tried my MediaPad M3, tried WiFi off and used data, tried WiFi on with data off, tried using/not using my vpn, checked permission settings for apps, took my sim card out and used it in a different phone, tried changing the AC settings..... Anything I've missed because I still can't post a photo??

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have been trying to resolve the issue for almost a week now with no luck.. Have deleted and reinstalled the AC app, turned phone off and rebooted, created a new account with password, tried my Pixelbook, tried my MediaPad M3, tried WiFi off and used data, tried WiFi on with data off, tried using/not using my vpn, checked permission settings for apps, took my sim card out and used it in a different phone, tried changing the AC settings..... Anything I've missed because I still can't post a photo??
That's so strange. Have you already tried the Android Central Forums app that I mentioned before? It could be great if you post screenshot showing the error that you get, but ... :(