Haven't had a new phone in years. Like S6 Active many years . Samsung has ditched the Active series and frankly I'm tired of Samsung and want something different. I'm on ATT in the states. Pretty set on the P20 Pro ( or Mate 20 ) . Change my mind and tell me why I should go with something else.
    09-02-2018 01:13 PM
    If you are in android system, go for it.
    09-02-2018 01:47 PM
    It's a terrific device, I had the S6, then the Nexus 6P (2 of them!) and a Pixel 2xl.. This P20 Pro is brilliant, battery, camera even EMUI is now very good... I'm sure you'd really enjoy it, good luck whatever you decide
    LonestarROB likes this.
    09-02-2018 01:59 PM
    emui even on different launchers limit's lockscreen notifications and AOD options. If you don't like cases the glass body will be noticeably cracked if dropped. The speakers are average. No 3.5mm headphone jack. The camera as a simple point and shoot is ok but you will want to use the specific settings, focus and light metering for it to produce noticeably better photos than iPhone, S9, Note9, Pixel 2. The beauty enhancement is aggressive even when turned off/all the way down but this will probably be addressed in a future update. Those are the only things I can think of.
    LonestarROB and whiskyman like this.
    09-02-2018 02:38 PM
    Nah, it’s best on market. I was unsure, tried an S9 plus for a week and immediately couldn’t wait to get back to it. Have been also using my wife’s iPhone X and the camera, battery, and size aren’t as good (As the Pro). My only complaint with the P20 pro is master AI sometimes over sharpens but somehow ppl still lose detail (but other times you’ll love it more than anything). Solid device, best of 2018.
    LonestarROB, dc52ltr and pault8084 like this.
    09-02-2018 08:22 PM
    My only complaint with the P20 Pro is that the touch latency feels really poor compared to my Pixel 2 XL.
    LonestarROB and whiskyman like this.
    09-03-2018 06:48 AM
    My only complaint with the P20 Pro is that the touch latency feels really poor compared to my Pixel 2 XL.
    Touch seems fine on mine, the only minor complaint is that I preferred the fingerprint reader on the back of the phone as on the 2xl, other than that, this is a super phone
    LonestarROB likes this.
    09-03-2018 07:25 AM
    well i'm selling mine... after owning the Mate 9 for about 1 1/2 years the p20 pro just didn't hold up to the hype..
    Its downfall for me was-

Camera
    Notch
    lack of 3.5 jack
    size a tad small
    youtube glitches(losing sound)
    hide the notch + front finger print reader = upside down phone at times top, bottom look similar!

I ended up upgrading to a note 9 and if you read my past posts im no samsung fanboy. well turns out the sound in the p20 pro is nowhere near as good as the notes. im talking bluetooth and earbuds. i mean its not even close....
    Attached Thumbnails I want the P20 Pro : Change my mind-img_20180616_062445.jpg   I want the P20 Pro : Change my mind-20180902_123728.jpg   I want the P20 Pro : Change my mind-20180903_125832.jpg  
    whiskyman and LonestarROB like this.
    09-03-2018 01:57 PM
    Haven't had a new phone in years. Like S6 Active many years . Samsung has ditched the Active series and frankly I'm tired of Samsung and want something different. I'm on ATT in the states. Pretty set on the P20 Pro ( or Mate 20 ) . Change my mind and tell me why I should go with something else.
    Be a baller and get a mate rs lol.
    09-05-2018 07:25 PM
    Speakers are not average they're great, this is the best phone out now but I'd wait for the Mate 20 since it's launching in a month.
    LonestarROB likes this.
    09-06-2018 01:06 AM
    No expandable storage

No Wireless charging

Very limited (useless to me) Always on Display that only works with stock apps
    LonestarROB likes this.
    09-06-2018 03:06 AM
    well i'm selling mine... after owning the Mate 9 for about 1 1/2 years the p20 pro just didn't hold up to the hype..
    Its downfall for me was-

Camera
    Notch
    lack of 3.5 jack
    size a tad small
    hide the notch + front finger print reader = upside down phone at times top, bottom look similar!

I ended up upgrading to a note 9 and if you read my past posts im no samsung fanboy. well turns out the sound in the p20 pro is nowhere near as good as the notes. im talking bluetooth and earbuds. i mean its not even close....
    You list the camera as one of your downfalls, but those pics look steller to me. Are those just Auto settings? And what's "wrong" with them in your opinion?
    09-06-2018 09:18 AM
    Its downfall for me was-

Camera
    Notch
    lack of 3.5 jack
    size a tad small

These photos look great to me. Can you do a comparison with Note 9 photos too? I'm curious to see how much better Note 9 photos are.
    09-06-2018 11:39 PM
    These photos look great to me. Can you do a comparison with Note 9 photos too? I'm curious to see how much better Note 9 photos are.
    top p20 pro and bottom 2 note 9.... the p20 pro when it hit took great photos. problem for me was it could be 1 photo out of 10. i do a small cooking show and take thumbs for the cover shot. one cook i took around 7-8 pics and all sucked. with the note 9 at least 6 were good/great.

this is mho you milage and use maybe be different.
    whiskyman likes this.
    09-07-2018 04:21 AM
    top p20 pro and bottom 2 note 9....
    Thanks. They all look great but the P20 Pro one looks a little more natural/real to me.
    09-07-2018 09:03 AM
    Thanks for posting those photos. In normal conditions the two will be comparable. The p20p will steal the show in static low light and zoom. It's also the only modern phone that allows for photos in RAW format for those that are serious about post-processing.
    09-07-2018 09:13 AM
    I just got the P20 Pro yesterday after reading all the reviews and hype. What a total let down. The cameras are terrible (photos lack detail, are over-smoothed, over-processed and look like they were taken on a really old digital camera), the scrolling can be jerky, the touchscreen can be lacking in sensitivity sometimes, some apps don't like the screensize and a host of other problems and issues for me. The only plus I can give you is the fantastic battery life. I upgraded from a Pixel and would rather go back to that. Hoping I can do an early upgrade next year for the Pixel 3 XL and get as far away from this phone and its 'AI' as possible. Maybe there will be some updates to fix a lot of the problems but for now I'm back on Android 8.1 after recently enjoying some tasty Pie.
    LonestarROB likes this.
    09-07-2018 02:11 PM
    I have zero incentive to try and change your mind, get what you want and be happy.
    queenren and LonestarROB like this.
    09-07-2018 02:40 PM
    top p20 pro and bottom 2 note 9.... the p20 pro when it hit took great photos. problem for me was it could be 1 photo out of 10. i do a small cooking show and take thumbs for the cover shot. one cook i took around 7-8 pics and all sucked. with the note 9 at least 6 were good/great.

this is mho you milage and use maybe be different.
    I see. So inconsistency is the P20 camera issue. hmm.... I'm starting to reconsider if should I get P20 Pro now. I am carrying a Note 8 currently. Between Note 8 and P20 Pro camera, you think it is a good or bad upgrade from Note 8?
    09-07-2018 10:50 PM
    I can't say what would be good for you. what I can say for me the note 9 with its 4000 battery is way tops over the p20 pro.
    as far as camera I am enjoying this one
    LonestarROB likes this.
    09-08-2018 09:22 PM
    A lot of fun
    Attached Thumbnails I want the P20 Pro : Change my mind-5974.jpg  
    09-08-2018 09:23 PM
    I have zero incentive to try and change your mind, get what you want and be happy.
    Zero incentive? Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to mention, $1000 goes to the person who changes my mind .
    09-09-2018 10:09 AM
    A lot of fun
    Purdy! Is that with just Auto mode?
    09-09-2018 10:11 AM
    Zero incentive? Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to mention, $1000 goes to the person who changes my mind .
    I've now had my p20 Pro for a good month or so now and I still really like it... A lot... I previously had a Pixel 2xl but have 2 EE (TMOBILE UK) accounts with upgrades due. My Sons s7 was on its last legs so I gave him my 2xl and got the Pro until the 3xl was released but I've got to say that I'm really enjoying this phone. Battery life is amazing, it's a beautiful device and to my eyes the camera is superb. I'm really considering keeping this phone and not upgrading to the 3xl, especially if it's not much of an upgrade from the 2xl...just my opinion mind! Probably the only thing I don't like is the fingerprint sensor on the front, the 2xl reader on the back of the device(as was on my Nexus 6p)fell more naturally to my finger but I am getting used to it. However this phone is seriously fast too, easily on par with the 2xl and also comes with 128gb as standard.
    LonestarROB likes this.
    09-09-2018 10:19 AM