Hey all,

Been a while since I've been on the forums. Recently I purchased the P20 Pro and noticed it comes with a screen protector pre-installed.

I usually don't use screen protectors as they tend to look nasty over time and in my opinion ruin an otherwise nice looking display.

With that being said, the one factory installed on the P20 Pro is the least offensive one I've seen so far, however I'm wondering if it did start to look bad after a while would it be wrong to remove it? Does the P20 Pro display have an oleophobic coating on the screen?

Has anyone here removed their screen protector?

Thanks,
    Kris
    09-10-2018 07:53 PM
    Hey all,

Been a while since I've been on the forums. Recently I purchased the P20 Pro and noticed it comes with a screen protector pre-installed.

I usually don't use screen protectors as they tend to look nasty over time and in my opinion ruin an otherwise nice looking display.

With that being said, the one factory installed on the P20 Pro is the least offensive one I've seen so far, however I'm wondering if it did start to look bad after a while would it be wrong to remove it? Does the P20 Pro display have an oleophobic coating on the screen?

Thanks,
    Kris
    Yep took mine off inside a couple of days and put a glass screen protector on... It peels off quite easily once you lift a corner up.
    09-10-2018 08:14 PM
    Got this one from Amazon UK, its a 2 pack and has been perfect. G-Color Huawei P20 Pro Screen Protector, [Updated Version] 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Scratch Resistance Bubble Free Screen Protector for Huawei P20 Pro(Case Friendly, 2 Pack)
    09-10-2018 08:18 PM
    Thanks. I was more curious about people who removed the factory installed screen protector and didn't put a different one on. I've never used a screen protector before and I've never had issues with scratches or anything.

When you removed your factory screen protector did the screen feel like it has an oleophobic coating?
    09-10-2018 11:51 PM
    Yes removed mine it has coating, Huawei said there's coating on both sides, front and back.
    09-11-2018 01:10 AM
    Yes removed mine it has coating, Huawei said there's coating on both sides, front and back.
    Cool thanks.
    09-11-2018 03:43 PM
    Good to know it has the oly coating. Some huawei phones don’t (p10 and Plus).
    09-12-2018 07:11 PM
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kris
    Check out this thread:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/hu...protector.html
    KrisYYC likes this.
    09-14-2018 09:24 PM
    Nope. Day one. Usually these last me a few days. LOL
    09-17-2018 01:02 PM
    I did only cause I dropped my phone and ruined the screen protector. Otherwise, I would've kept it. I like it
    09-24-2018 11:04 PM