Hauwei or not?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I think that the mate Pro is released in the UK tomorrow so it may be worth waiting to and see specs and prices before you make your jump.. HTH David ... Mind, it usually takes a week or two to get them in the stores.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I actually quite fancy this myself, I've an upgrade available now which I was keeping for the Pixel 3xl but this Mate 20 Pro looks really sweet

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in the P20 Pro because it still has an ir blaster, a fav of mine. Anybody know if it has an led for multicolor led notifications? That's my other favorite feature lacking in most new phones. I assume this will not work on Verizon? How about Tmobile?

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
it has a multi-colour led indicator for notifications but I've only seen a couple of apps that offer the ability to assign specific colours.

For the US you will want the international version. Do a search online for frequencies but I don't think it's 100% with Verizon or T-Mobile.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in the P20 Pro because it still has an ir blaster, a fav of mine. Anybody know if it has an led for multicolor led notifications? That's my other favorite feature lacking in most new phones. I assume this will not work on Verizon? How about Tmobile?
Yes and no real warranty in US either apparently. The Mate 20 Pro just released looks even BETTER. I finally find a phone with every feature I want and they aren't officially made for ANY US provider. Just my luck.
it has a multi-colour led indicator for notifications but I've only seen a couple of apps that offer the ability to assign specific colours.

For the US you will want the international version. Do a search online for frequencies but I don't think it's 100% with Verizon or T-Mobile.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Great offer for pre orders in the UK... Get the new GT watch and a wireless charger for free! I'm ordering mine tomorrow Screenshot_20181016-212054.jpeg

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, I stand corrected on my thoughts about Huawei abandoning their hardware. While, their track record is not the best, they have improved greatly over the last couple of years. I sold my Mate 9 before the Oreo update, so I didn't realize they had kept up with that phone.
This morning, to my surprise, my Honor Note 8 got the Oreo update. I never thought that would happen. Hopefully, Huawei will continue their support improvements in the future.

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Really great hardware. I love my Mate 9.
Their take on Android is very similar to The iPhone OS look and feel.
They tend to abandon their phones pretty early, regrading updates. They have gotten better with them recently, but they're update track record is still pretty bad overall.

No idea what you're talking about, plenty of updates for my P20 Pro+previous Mate 10 Pro and Mate 9 backup phone just got an update last week. Great hardware+software and support overall, OP you won't regret going with Huawei esp. the Mate 20 series that just came out absolutely killer.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
No idea what you're talking about, plenty of updates for my P20 Pro+previous Mate 10 Pro and Mate 9 backup phone just got an update last week. Great hardware+software and support overall, OP you won't regret going with Huawei esp. the Mate 20 series that just came out absolutely killer.
All of those phones that you mentioned were released within the past two years. If you look back at their track record of keeping their phones up to date, especially security updates, you'll see that they've been pretty spotty, at best. But, like I said, they've gotten a lot better.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using AC Forums mobile app

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Wireless charging on this one? Can’t find any contracts as yet

Get the Mate 20 Pro, Face ID like facial recognition (but even more secure) in screen fingerprint sensor, 7nm SOC, Cat 21 LTE, 1.7Gbps Wifi, fast wireless charging, device to device wireless charging (your phone can charge other phones/smartwatches/earphones wirelessly) 40W Supercharge gets you to 70% in 30 min., improved triple cameras with new wide angle lens, wireless Desktop mode, etc. etc. In short this is the phone of the year and the one to get, it has it all, everything & more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech