Hauwei or not?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
oh if you have an iphone x you can get good resale value back for sure there's no way you can't back at least 800 depends on your condition, how much memory you have and if you still have the original box.

Amy.B

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I do still have the original stuff. I always like to keep my existing phone for at least 4 weeks after getting a new one until i know for sure i’m happy with the new phone

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I do still have the original stuff. I always like to keep my existing phone for at least 4 weeks after getting a new one until i know for sure i’m happy with the new phone
Good idea I've got the P20 Pro but I'm keeping it as as a standby, don't really want to get rid.

Amy.B

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Cool. Can you change text size on apps in android yet? Last one i had you couldn’t and notifications came up really small too

aliendough

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Like you, Amy.B, I recently made the jump from an iPhone (6S) to Android in the shape of a Huawei P20 Pro and I'm glad I did. I'm very impressed with the battery life of the P20 Pro, I'm getting a day to a day and a half with moderate use. Unfortunately the last iOS update completely finished off the battery on my old iPhone 6S.

My short experience with my Huawei has been extremely positive and I hope this remains the case. I bought it through John Lewis so if there are any problems they have excellent customer service and I'm sure they will be able to sort it out for me.

I'm sure if you buy a Huawei you will be very happy. The whole OS is very customisable too.

Amy.B

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I love the customisableness of android I always have! I have jumped from iPhone to Android so many times lol
But do i go p20 pro or Mate 20 pro? There’s a £100 difference, and one will be faster than the other

anti-duck

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
I love the customisableness of android I always have! I have jumped from iPhone to Android so many times lol
But do i go p20 pro or Mate 20 pro? There’s a £100 difference, and one will be faster than the other

You can get the P20 Pro (UK stock too) for ~£560 brand new if you don't mind buying from somewhere that isn't an authorised Huawei reseller - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302821433515&token=tpV2RI-t

I honestly wouldn't be paying £800 for a P20 Pro at this point, not even for one of the new 8GB RAM/256GB ROM versions.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Own the P20 Pro and do prefer the rear camera design better buuuut... if we were in the market for a new phone now and the price difference is as you say, I'd probably be inclined to spring for the Mate 20 Pro just for the fact it is the latest and greatest which means, a tad more future proof.

Amy.B

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Thank you both - the Mate 20 Pro seems the better choice, just not sure on the size so going to have a look at one i think

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Mate 20 Pro for sure. Best phone of the year hands down.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little late to the party on this thread; but the Huawei brand is awesome and they make fantastic phones! I had an Honor 8 (Honor is a sub-brand of Huawei); and it was one of the best phones I've ever owned. I also saw the P20, P20 Pro and the Mate 20 at a local Roger's store today and was very impressed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton