How do I hide message preview on Huawei P20 Lite?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've just purchased the above phone however previously had a Samsung S6 Edge. On the Saumsung, when I had a new message I was able to change the settings so it simply read 'New Message' on the Lock Screen. I cannot seem to find this function on the P20 Lite and when a message comes through it shows the content. Any ideas how to hide this?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

I poked around the settings for my Vivo Nex S, and could not find that setting either. :( Hopefully someone will come along with the solution soon. :)

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
EMUI 8.1 hampers Lock screen notification options. Right now you have to choose between all of a message or nothing. Alternatively you can disable lockscreen notifications and find an app that mimics a lockscreen with display options. This app overlays on your lockscreen though so you will have to basically dismiss two screens to get to your home page.

Another option would be to disable lockscreen notifications and hope the app offers led notification options such as colour setting and rely on that to tell you when a new message has been received.