I'm confused. Please help me get the right P20 Pro version.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How are updates with the Canadian version in the U.S on At&t? I see Pie will start rolling out to the P20 Pro on Nov 10th. I'll still get the update, correct?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
updates in Canada so far every month i'm getting security updates so it's not bad it's a bit behind compared to other countries which is around 150 and higher otherwise it's still better than LG etc.... which lacks on updates.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
if you have facebook go to the Huawei facebook page they should be able to answer your question in regards to getting pie on that phone but you might want to mention what network you're going to be using and what country you're using they can give you an idea.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Their response...

"Regarding your concern about updates; please bear in mind that, all of our updates are rolled out in batches according to the IMEI number and geographical region. If you own an unlock device, it will take a little more time to get updates. When the update are released, the carriers are in charge to send the update OTA."

To me that sounds like a No since At&t isn't an official supporter of the device :-\

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
it's really crappy that it's banned in U.S they're really good phones not perfect but still on par with Samsung and Apple at least for it's value. The other option i read in xda you can pay for some sort of Huawei updates where you can download lastest firmware. I'm sure there's quite a few U.S users that has this phone maybe they can assist?

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I'm really thinking it's just too much trouble to bother with at this point. Maybe versions with Pie already installed will start showing up on eBay but I doubt it. Sucks because I really want this phone! Don't know what other options are out there for me. Nothing else really appeals to me right now and my current phone probably won't make it much longer.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, posted on XDA like you suggested and they ( 1 person at least lol ) said as long as it's unlocked and unbranded that I shouldn't have an issue. Here's hoping that is true as I've ordered the last one the seller had. Hoping for the best. Thanks for your help!

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Their response...

"Regarding your concern about updates; please bear in mind that, all of our updates are rolled out in batches according to the IMEI number and geographical region. If you own an unlock device, it will take a little more time to get updates. When the update are released, the carriers are in charge to send the update OTA."

To me that sounds like a No since At&t isn't an official supporter of the device :-\

I bought one off eBay with lots of updates, updates aren't a concern got both the slowmo and GPU Turbo update earlier than Canadian versions of the phone I'm in Canada.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought one off eBay with lots of updates, updates aren't a concern got both the slowmo and GPU Turbo update earlier than Canadian versions of the phone I'm in Canada.

What do you mean? The phone you purchased already had updates or you received a lot of updates after getting the phone? I only had 1 update for mine ( Canadian version ) . Up date to .114 from .111 that it came with. No Slow mo or GPU Turbo update. Who did you purchase from?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
slo mo 114 is part of the update there's still no GPU turbo update yet i'm still waiting for mine. I already got 120 on mine GPU Turbo supposed to be on update 150 so i'm pretty behind myself. However i've read somewhere that Huawei will be pushing Turbo update along with Pie upgrade :)

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
slo mo 114 is part of the update there's still no GPU turbo update yet i'm still waiting for mine. I already got 120 on mine GPU Turbo supposed to be on update 150 so i'm pretty behind myself. However i've read somewhere that Huawei will be pushing Turbo update along with Pie upgrade :)

I've also read that update won't be pushed to versions outside of China until Dec 22nd at the earliest. :(

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean? The phone you purchased already had updates or you received a lot of updates after getting the phone? I only had 1 update for mine ( Canadian version ) . Up date to .114 from .111 that it came with. No Slow mo or GPU Turbo update. Who did you purchase from?

Got a lot of updates after getting it, forgot the seller's name but I just picked the cheapest one at the time off of eBay.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Got a lot of updates after getting it, forgot the seller's name but I just picked the cheapest one at the time off of eBay.

What phone version do you have? Is it the Canadian clt-104 version?

How you liking your new phone any regrets?

I like it. Haven't spent much time with it overall yet. Still haven't switched it to my daily driver yet. Was waiting for a case ( came yesterday ) and still hoping/praying to find a way to transfer all my text ( doesn't sound possible from my research) . Other than that, everything else is transferred, set up and ready to go. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site

Really? I got 120 awhile ago and also am in Canada.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok,if I go to System Update and check for update, I get nothing. BUT while on that same screen in the top right, hit the 3 dots, I clicked Download Latest Full Package and it showed the .120 / Sept security update. Updating now. 3.71GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12