Pie in the UK

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, CPWH phones are unlocked (they used to be anyway) so you should be one of the first to get it

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I think there phones are still unlocked but not 100% sure. I contacted carphone warehouse on twitter & they said they haven't been giving a date yet when the update is due out but for me to keep an eye on Huawei's website so I went on there & it says Huawei are rolling out EMUI 9.0 now. Might be a few weeks or days away.

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
I read elsewhere that you can force the update using the Hi Care app on the phone but if didn't work for me

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
There are literally hundreds of websites showing that EMUI 9 is now available, carrier websites included but from following many posts on multiple different websites, very few have actually gotten it anywhere in the world yet.

I'm not in the UK but have to agree with what you said... Can't say I have run across "anyone" stating they have gotten it.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not in the UK but have to agree with what you said... Can't say I have run across "anyone" stating they have gotten it.

I'm not in the UK either, Alberta Canada here. My provided (Bell Canada) announced it was being released on December 12th. That time came and went, Next it was December 18th, again, nothing. Now they are just saying to watch their website for the latest update witch is actually showing that the latest OS available for the P20 Pro is EMUI 9!

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not in the UK either, Alberta Canada here. My provided (Bell Canada) announced it was being released on December 12th. That time came and went, Next it was December 18th, again, nothing. Now they are just saying to watch their website for the latest update witch is actually showing that the latest OS available for the P20 Pro is EMUI 9!

We're neighbours lol... B.C. here w/Telus. Yeah anytime I've seen/heard same as in "available", for any other device we have owned, it's usually there when then checked or within a few hours, not been the case here. Keep hearing a date of the 24th so that should be revealing as to whether it is actually floating around in cyberspace.

Update:
The 24th came and gone w/o yet heard "some" (like one or two people LOL) received it on their P20 (not Pro) here in Canada... couple of our carriers indicate it should be there according to their roll out dates/site info yet for most still MIA. 2019 here we come!!!

Last edited:

pault8084

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
well, it's the 24th and no update in UK on O2. not that I'm fussed, phone works perfectly. is there anything that I should be looking forward to?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
well, it's the 24th and no update in UK on O2. not that I'm fussed, phone works perfectly. is there anything that I should be looking forward to?

My updates normally come through in the evening at about 4pm onwards. Haven't actually manually checked though. One thing I'm looking forward to is the uninterrupted gaming mode as long as I can choose what I want to come through.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

The only thing you can look forward to is the pie update "actually" gets pushed to your phone... been scouring the net for the past week plus having yet to find a single instance where anyone has received the update OTA.

My P20 Pro is working fine as well and love the phone in general. It's the lack of reasonable support on the software end (security patches etc.) I've experienced that has me seriously rethinking whether I'll ever buy another Huawei device again... this supposed launch of pie is becoming revealing too in a bad way.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
The only thing you can look forward to is the pie update "actually" gets pushed to your phone... been scouring the net for the past week plus having yet to find a single instance where anyone has received the update OTA.

My P20 Pro is working fine as well and love the phone in general. It's the lack of reasonable support on the software end (security patches etc.) I've experienced that has me seriously rethinking whether I'll ever buy another Huawei device again... this supposed launch of pie is becoming revealing too in a bad way.
Gesture control and even better battery life to name two.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Received EMUI 9 today (Dec 25th @ 8:00PM MST) here in Canada on my P20 Pro w/Telus. D/L was 4.16GB w/security patch showing Nov 1st.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan