Wasn't really sure where to put this, so though I would try the forum the phone it is running on (P20 Pro)

So, for some reason Google Pay has stopped working, when using it from the phone in stores (asda, etc). I have the correct card added to google pay, in that I have a Google Data Storage subscription that gets taken out each month from the card registered on Google Pay

However, when I use Google Pay on the phone, I get a declined message, however, if I then take out the actual card (that is registered) and pay with that, the payment goes through with no problems, so it is not the card problem

Am completely stumped on what this could be

Thanks in advance
    01-11-2019 08:24 AM
    Actually... it COULD be the card's problem (your physical card and card info for automatic payments might match, but the one used for NFC payments is actually a virtual card, and that is different(ish) than your main card. It uses a randomized token every time you use it, too.)

I'd try removing/re-adding the card to see if, for some reason, the bank just needs to re-authorize the link with the virtual card. But if you don't want to go through the hassle of setting up your automatic payments again, try it with another card.

I suggest you test it in terminals that don't require input from the cashier (like self-checkout or vending machines). Most of the time the error comes when the cashier has to prompt for credit or debit or initiate a payment, and they end up screwing it up.
    01-11-2019 12:06 PM
    I had tried removing the card and re adding as well as uninstalling Google pay and reinstall, same problem

Think I might try a call to the bank, although when I sent them a message about it, they said they saw no decline so must be within Google pay
    01-11-2019 02:22 PM
    Try another card and check if your NFC chip is working properly if you can (another phone for file transfer or NFC-enabled headphones...something).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2019 02:28 PM