I've been using my Huawei p20 pro for about 2 weeks and am having problems with the screen freezing. It happens randomly, seems to affect all apps, the screen goes black with the time/weather showing in the upper right. It will sometimes flicker back to the unlock screen after a minute, sometimes it will go to unlock screen when you press the on button, or swipe up, but sometimes it won't and just stays black screen.
    It happens when I'm not touching the screen reading books/youtube and recently I was skiing and it seems to happen more often when it's cold, about every 5 seconds till I was ready to throw it at the wall.

I switched off the fingerprint recognition as it seemed to happen several times in a row when trying to unlock, but I have no idea what's causeing this or if I should try a factory reboot.
    01-16-2019 04:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How frequently does it happen? If it's pretty frequent, then try booting into Safe Mode, which can at least help narrow things down to the system or something you installed: https://www.getdroidtips.com/huawei-p20-pro-safe-mode/
    01-17-2019 12:38 PM