Problem with wifi login..

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a P20 pro and I am trying to connect to wifi that requires you to input credentials. When I click to connect it brings up http:// platform. hicloud. com /generate. But the screen goes black and says 404 not found. Can anyone advise. As this only seems to be a problem when trying to connect on my p20 pro and not on other handsets

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it immediately give you the 404 page, or does it try to show something else first, and then go to the 404 page?

Kellymoss1

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
Opens up chrome window, which I presume is for entering credentials then loads black with 404 not found. Does it with all WiFi that needs credentials.

Samiira Cat

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Huawei P20 smart - I think after an OS update of the phone. I use my home WiFi since years with the same credentials and it used to work with THIS PHONE until something like 2 months. Sometimes (with good luck?) I get a normal connection with internet - is it possible that the repeater in between makes a difference?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Forget the wi-fi network from your phone, then reboot your router by unplugging its power for about 30 seconds. Reconnect to the wi-fi network -- do you get the same problem?

Samiira Cat

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
B. Diddy you are my HERO!
I never expected the FTTH-router to be the problem! My phone connects without problems, my tablet works in the last edge of the living room - it seems even the connected repeater works better. I'll keep you informed if problems reoccur.
THANK YOU!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc