Hello everyone!

I decided to finally make a post about this problem which is really starting to bother me Earlier I posted something about this as a reply to a similar post which was about the emergency function of the P20 Pro. However, it seems that my issue isn't at all related to the SOS function. My phone is a Huawei P20 Lite.

Whenever I receive an email (possibly even when notified by calendar/notification in general), I do not hear the sound I have chosen when notified (bongo). Instead, I always hear this weird sentence in a foreign langauge I am unable to identify. I managed to record it by leaving my iPad next to my phone for a while (before I knew it was related to email I just believed it to be totally random).

This is the voice message I hear whenever I am notified:

https://sndup.net/554y

I am using the native app for receiving emails (not G-mail but the Huawei/Android app). I have tried reselecting the notification sound in settings and email notification sound. Nothing helps.

This is really starting to bother me because it is embarrassing to suddenly hear this voice in public places etc. For that reason I need to have my phone in silent mode all the time. I have tried everything!

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance!
    09-11-2019 02:13 PM
    What if you go to Settings>Apps​, tap Menu, then Reset App Preferences?
    UniKlixX likes this.
    09-11-2019 03:27 PM
    What if you go to Settings>Apps​, tap Menu, then Reset App Preferences?
    Unfortanualy that didn't work either I found out the voice appears whenever I get a notification (email/calendar). It is so embarrassing whenever I am at the train next to people etc. So I need to use silent mode until I find a solution I believe it is not the same problem like the one in the other thread I commented on/hijacked from someone else This is really strange Thanks for your assistance so far.
    09-12-2019 11:36 PM
    Are you able to wipe the cache partition? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/h...te/wipe-cache/

Try also adding the Notification Log widget to your homescreen (if available). Go to your Widgets screen, and drag the Settings widget to the homescreen. Then choose Notification Log. The next time you hear that voice, see if there are any unusual notifications listed.
    UniKlixX likes this.
    09-12-2019 11:54 PM
    Sounds like some translator
    UniKlixX likes this.
    09-12-2019 11:58 PM
    Thanks again for there help guys.

I have now tried wiping cache partition. Unfortunately the voice still appears afterwards I also looked for the notification/settings widget, however it is not available BUT I have found out that it is the email app making that voice. I tried sending emails to myself and everytime I received one I heard the voice! And not the sound it was intended to play (bongo) It doesn't appear when getting notified by the calendar. Which means.. It IS the email app causing it!

But how can that be! Like you said, Mustang, it could be some kind of translator/accessibility thing. This is so strange I was thinking of using another email app to get rid of that voice. If that helps! I would like to use the proprietary one though
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-14-2019 10:22 AM
    Thanks again for there help guys.

I have now tried wiping cache partition. Unfortunately the voice still appears afterwards I also looked for the notification/settings widget, however it is not available BUT I have found out that it is the email app making that voice. I tried sending emails to myself and everytime I received one I heard the voice! And not the sound it was intended to play (bongo) It doesn't appear when getting notified by the calendar. Which means.. It IS the email app causing it!

But how can that be! Like you said, Mustang, it could be some kind of translator/accessibility thing. This is so strange
    Which email app?
    09-14-2019 10:25 AM
    Which email app?
    It is just the one that came with the phone which means it is the Huawei/Android one. I have always used that proprietary app when using my Huawei phones.
    09-14-2019 10:27 AM
    It is just the one that came with the phone which means it is the Huawei/Android one. I have always used that proprietary app when using my Huawei phones.
    You try clearing cache,data, force stop?
    UniKlixX likes this.
    09-14-2019 11:26 AM
    You've already checked in Settings>Accessibility​, right?
    UniKlixX likes this.
    09-14-2019 12:06 PM
    I have now tried everything including your suggestions However, I will now try disabling sound completely for the app. Maybe that will help but it is strange since I have already chosen "bongo" as the sound for all notifications in the app. I will report back

EDIT: I have the results! It did help. The voice is gone! I simply switched off sound for the mail app (in app settings). I am happy I am finally free of that voice! AND for some reason it now gives the correct (bongo) notification when receiving a mail. Even though I switched it off. That is the best!

Thanks for your assistance guys. The cause of this voice will remain a mystery. If anyone ever stumble upon this thread and listen to the voice, it would be interesting to hear if they are able to identify the language and the message itself.

Thanks again!
    09-14-2019 04:55 PM