How much curve does this screen have on the P30/P30 Pro?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I can upgrade to this phone next month & I've been looking at videos of this phone but what I want to no is how curved is the screen? I'm use to thin black bezels round the whole screen & the curve kinda puts me off the phone. Can I get a case on the phone ok? Can the curve activate anything on the phone & does it come with a screen protector?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine came with a plastic screen protector.

Yes, if you touch the side of the screen it will launch apps or activate gestures.

I've had a couple of cases. I prefer a holster and that was tough to find.

I got the Huawei P30 pro for the camera and I am delighted. I'm deaf so as a phone I don't really care.

I do need access to Google Keep, Google Calendar, Google Messages for the Web, Google Photos, Google Contacts, GMail, and Google Maps. That's what keeps me from moving to a P40 pro.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I need my Google apps. Pretty set on the P30 pro. Just hope I can turn off the side of the screen so I don't accidentally launch an app I don't want etc. Just hope mine will come with a screen protector as I've been watching videos & none have screen protectors.

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I need my Google apps. Pretty set on the P30 pro. Just hope I can turn off the side of the screen so I don't accidentally launch an app I don't want etc. Just hope mine will come with a screen protector as I've been watching videos & none have screen protectors.

I've never launched an app by touching the side of the screen.

You can perform actions with a swipe on the side but doing it by mistake just doesn't happen.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone for about a month now & loving it just got one small problem with the camera every time I zoom in to take a picture of the dog it takes the picture half colour & half black & white. Any idea how to stop this?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I mean. As you can see the other bed is in colour. Could it be the lighting in the room?

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_014245.jpg
    IMG_20200620_014245.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 13

Sammi4688

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi after so long deliberating I've finally decided to take the plunge with the Huawei p30 pro, an upgrade from my p20 pro. How are you finding it? There was a few things I was unsure of. The curved screen, finding a case that will protect it if I ever was to drop it ( more worried now with a curved screen it will break more easy).....What is your experience with the phone like x

enots27

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi after so long deliberating I've finally decided to take the plunge with the Huawei p30 pro, an upgrade from my p20 pro. How are you finding it? There was a few things I was unsure of. The curved screen, finding a case that will protect it if I ever was to drop it ( more worried now with a curved screen it will break more easy).....What is your experience with the phone like x
I have had this phone about 2 months. I have a case that completely covers the phone including the screen so no need for a new screen protector