Random Asian voice

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Have same problem with new P30 that was posted by someone last year... " Just bought a brand new Huawei Mate 20. All set to English, Voice Assist off. Randomly - sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes every hours (including when locked) the phone speaks and plays a male voice saying the same sentence in a language that I think sounds like Thai or perhaps Malay. Either way, I can't stop it. Help!"... Answer given to that post does not work. Because voice occurs randomly, not with any particular application... Please help:

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Have same problem with new P30 that was posted by someone last year... " Just bought a brand new Huawei Mate 20. All set to English, Voice Assist off. Randomly - sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes every hours (including when locked) the phone speaks and plays a male voice saying the same sentence in a language that I think sounds like Thai or perhaps Malay. Either way, I can't stop it. Help!"... Answer given to that post does not work. Because voice occurs randomly, not with any particular application... Please help:

I bought a new phone that was locked with a password. I raised hell with the company but they swore it was brand new. They told me how to do a factory reset on a locked phone and all was good. For me, a factory reset is my starting point and it's usually all that's needed.