Can a Huawei P30 keep Google?

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I just want to know, if you were to get a P30 today, new, would you be able to keep it on Android 10? Or would doing a system update wipe Android and Google Play entirely from it and replace it with the Huawei OS and store?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I read if it's Chinese version no Google, if global then it comes with Google so I'm not sure how true it is from what I seen online.

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes. If you can not find the launch icon for Play Store on the home screen, just download the Google Play Store V23.2.11-21 apk from apkmirror or apkpure. Install the Play Store to active Google Play on P30 phone. In the factory state of P30, Play Store is hidden.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes. If you can not find the launch icon for Play Store on the home screen, just download the Google Play Store V23.2.11-21 apk from apkmirror or apkpure. Install the Play Store to active Google Play on P30 phone. In the factory state of P30, Play Store is hidden.
But why would it be hidden if it's new and when it came out it was a fully supported Android phone?
I would have imagined that a P30 and any other previous phone would have just stayed on the last version of Android they were allowed to get and the phone would just stay there. But that all apps would keep updating basically forever. Is that the case?

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
But why would it be hidden if it's new and when it came out it was a fully supported Android phone?
I would have imagined that a P30 and any other previous phone would have just stayed on the last version of Android they were allowed to get and the phone would just stay there. But that all apps would keep updating basically forever. Is that the case?

I'm pretty sure you would still have Google services if you update. I have a P30 lite which just got the May 1st security patch and all the Google apps remain. Regarding what Mustang said, no Chinese phone model is allowed to have Google services by government policy I believe, and that might also explain what Thomas means by the app being hidden.
The Huawei OS is just Android anyway, so you can still download and use Google apps on P40 series, and download most Android apps from Huawei's own app store.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you would still have Google services if you update. I have a P30 lite which just got the May 1st security patch and all the Google apps remain. Regarding what Mustang said, no Chinese phone model is allowed to have Google services by government policy I believe, and that might also explain what Thomas means by the app being hidden.
The Huawei OS is just Android anyway, so you can still download and use Google apps on P40 series, and download most Android apps from Huawei's own app store.
Yeah that's what I read , I wonder if Chinese people found a way around that version lol

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so buying a P30 either new or a refurb is perfectly fine and Huawei's OS, like Samsung's One UI, is just sitting there on top of Android 10. But what I dont get is why the Play store didn't come installed when the phone came out causing people to have to go get the latest APK? Or am I misunderstanding this.
And if not, will there be a point at which the Play Store will nonlonger be updatable?
I wish there was some way to play with a P30 to get a feel for the menus, etc before buying one. I'm on a Galaxy S20 right now and I'm not particularly married to the OS at all but I would really like the better camera on the P30.
(There's no way to get Android on a P40 at all right? Even installing the Play apk?)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so buying a P30 either new or a refurb is perfectly fine and Huawei's OS, like Samsung's One UI, is just sitting there on top of Android 10. But what I dont get is why the Play store didn't come installed when the phone came out causing people to have to go get the latest APK? Or am I misunderstanding this.
And if not, will there be a point at which the Play Store will nonlonger be updatable?
I wish there was some way to play with a P30 to get a feel for the menus, etc before buying one. I'm on a Galaxy S20 right now and I'm not particularly married to the OS at all but I would really like the better camera on the P30.
(There's no way to get Android on a P40 at all right? Even installing the Play apk?)
Huawei phones are great phones but if they don't come with Google service I would hate to go through hula hoops to get them installed, just my opinion on things like this .

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

In fact, both Play Store and Google Play Service as well as Google Services Framework do come installed when the phone came out.
But the Google Play Store has been renamed 'Google Play service updater'. After you get the APK and sideload it, the Play Store will be updated and its launch icon will return to home screen. :)

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
You may check a screenshot about Google apps list on Huawei mobile phone at factory state. Refer to my album - Pictures Misc. 4.
However, please note: P40 and P30 are completely different because P40 probably does not have Google Services Framework built-in.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My P30 Pro is on EMUI 11 & still have all the Google services & play store. So it's safe to update it & will update it to EMUI 12 too when that comes out if I don't upgrade to another phone by then.