P30 Pro WiFi issue after EMUi 12.0.0 upgrade

el_dogtor

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
Greetings,

Since my phone was upgraded to EMUI 12.0.0 (just a couple of nights ago i proceeded with the upgrade), the device is unable to connect to my WiFi. Even more strange is, for some reason, it will collapse my LAN network completely. First the WiFi on my router will stop broadcasting, then i can't access the web interface of my router anymore, afterwards my network completely stops working... as if by any reason my phone is DDoS my router.

I would guess this has something to do with one of the new features regarding the Device+ or Huawei Share options, which broadcast the phone over the network and search for similar devices. However, i can't find yet the cause and i find it really crap.

As a suggestion, avoid upgrading your phone until you know it's gonna work, it really sucks...

Anyways, thanks a lot for whoever have some time to answer.

Best regards,

C

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 30 seconds. Also make sure to forget the network on your phone, then connect to it again as if it were brand new.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I sense a common theme with Andriod 12. Sure are alot of different manufacturers with wifi, etc issues with this itineration of android.

el_dogtor

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 30 seconds. Also make sure to forget the network on your phone, then connect to it again as if it were brand new.

Thanks for answering and the warm welcome :)

No matter what setting i set on my phone or how many times i reboot any of my devices, the issue is the same. I tried in the phone to use either static or dynamic IP and still it hang my router eventually.

el_dogtor

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
I sense a common theme with Andriod 12. Sure are alot of different manufacturers with wifi, etc issues with this itineration of android.

I'm not sure the EMUI 12.0.0 has Android 12 and this was my worst mistake :'(... there's no info out there available.

However, it still has the Google Play store and all the google services installed. I believe this is a "in-between" Harmony OS and Android.

el_dogtor

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
After i installed Wireshark in my computer, i saw that the phone was sending a lot of MDNS and DTLS requests (check attached screenshot. My phone has the 192.168.1.156 IP)
View attachment 344379

These protocols are used by all google devices like chromecasts and so on to discover each other. As i don't have any, i tried blocking these protocols from my router but it seems that my router is too dumb to do that :/

I also noticed in my PiHole, that my device is sending a lot of requests to mavenir.com. I have absolutely no clue what is that for. The more info i found was this article ([only in german)

Still with the denied protocols and that domain blocked in the DNS, i am unable to connect my phone to my WiFi without freezing my router

Last edited by a moderator:

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure the EMUI 12.0.0 has Android 12 and this was my worst mistake :'(... there's no info out there available.

However, it still has the Google Play store and all the google services installed. I believe this is a "in-between" Harmony OS and Android.
That's right, you would need 13 to have 12. My bad.

el_dogtor

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site

Hello B. Diddy,

unfortunately yes, also happens in Safe mode. Thanks for suggesting this. It's definitely a service from Huawei, but i can't find what. Still not possible to use my phone in WiFi.

I was already doubting of this phone, but now it's sure i'm gonna change from Huawei. It was an amazing option but again, it got so screwed with the time.

However, if you still have ideas, please feel free to drop it :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Next step would be to factory reset your router and set up your wi-fi network again from scratch.

el_dogtor

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
Next step would be to factory reset your router and set up your wi-fi network again from scratch.

Thanks B. Diddy. I just decided to change to iOS.

After i did some tcpdump on my huawei, i didn't like what i saw, so this will be my last Huawei.

Thanks a lot for the assistance tho!

Best,

C

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2