Lack of interest in P30 Line?

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I'm surprised by the lack of activity in the forums related to the P30 Pro. With the launch only a few days away I have been hard-pressed to find much meaningful discussion here. Even the P20 forums are pretty quiet when it comes to the P30. Anyone planning on jumping on this device next week?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I don't find Huawei's P series at all that exciting. Going by past P series, it's essentially a little fine tuning of the previous year's mate series with barely any additional features. At this point in time the Mate would be cheaper so I'd rather buy that or wait for the Mate 30.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
More than happy enough with our P20 & Pro seeing little reason to upgrade. Besides, if it incorporates a curved display (as it appears it will) that right there is a no-go for me.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Do you lose all the cool features EMUI offers if you change the launcher?
Not at all from what I understand but I'll have to see. They have videos on YouTube most likely for this so I'll check. But Nova has all the features I need anyway.

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
The cameras are a big step from the P20 series and even the Mate 20 line and I like how they are still using mechanical methods for low light rather than software.

Other than that there's not much of a differentiation. No real world experiences on the in screen finger sensor, loss of IR for face unlock (compared to Mate, which means it's the same as the P20 series) and the curved display has more potential downsides than upsides for those that use a case.

Also I'm not a fan of how the smaller/better ergonomically fitting P30 has lesser hardware. I'd rather have the P30 form factor with all the goodies of the Pro model. Just have two sizes of the same hardware.

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Also I'm not a fan of how the smaller/better ergonomically fitting P30 has lesser hardware. I'd rather have the P30 form factor with all the goodies of the Pro model. Just have two sizes of the same hardware.

I agree 100% - that's what the Galaxy S10 did. Though, that's not the trend. Most offer the best in the larger models.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
yeah realised the Huawei forums are so quiet compared to a similar Samsung forum. why though, Huawei phones are as good as Samsung phones.

ps: I'm a note 9 user

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
P30 Pro looks awesome but I'm trying to stick to the Mate line now. I jumped from the P10 to the Mate 10 Pro then finally to the Mate 20 Pro yesterday. The camera on the P30 Pro is the only thing I'm slightly envious of but that'll be upped again in September with the Mate 30 Pro so I'll hang off.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah realised the Huawei forums are so quiet compared to a similar Samsung forum. why though, Huawei phones are as good as Samsung phones.

ps: I'm a note 9 user

Sheer volume of Samsung users and remember this is a dominantly US based site still where Huawei isn't nearly as popular like it is for the rest of us. It's definitely getting busier with Huawei's rise in popularity. You should have seen the Huawei forums a year or two ago lol