P30 & P30 Pro (Who's in?)

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Launch day is here! I have spent years with OnePlus phones and now I'm currently using the Galaxy S10+ for my business phone. Assuming the P30 Pro will work with Google Fi in the USA (as the P20 & Mate 20 did) I'm planning on buying this phone for personal use. Which one will you buy and why? What do you hope has improved over the P20 Series? Will this phone make the splash that last year's did? Let's go!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
re: P30 & P30 Pro (Who's in?)

For me it depends on the price. I'm lamenting spending hundreds of dollars on a phone I don't really need but really want based on hype and the Parker Walbeck teaser video. I'm using the LG V30 which has the best battery life and size combination in the last couple years. I'm super hyped about the advancement in zoom that Huawei is bound to share. Also the ability to do AI assisted 4-6 second long exposures is a dream. I could get by without my tripod. Huawei has really been nailing it since the P20 Pro and I really feel like I'll end up getting this. I can go $900-950 max with $400-450 cash and the rest on PayPal credit. Last I checked on eBay for the P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro they have plenty in stock in the US so that would cut down on import fees. I'm really excited that the announcement is early in the morning in my time zone. I can eat breakfast and watch the live stream before heading to the gym. What a day! If all else fails I may get the Mate 20 Pro. The process are already in the range I'm looking for.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Watching live and got damn Richard is up there again struggling through the English language.....again!lol When will they ever learn?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

Nice phones. I think the camera array on the Pro is hideous though.

Hate the curved screen.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I actually love the camera array. Looks like serious business. Now to wait for the pricing

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You know, I really think I may grab this phone in the fall, or something like that. It's such a gorgeous phone and everything about it sounds great so far. Love the camera, the smaller notch, and I miss EMUI from my Honor 8.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
2d FPS and 2d face unlock. Both can be fooled with a photo.

Unlikely of course but not as secure as a traditional FPS.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love to but besides the Color options and the IR Blaster, I feel like I'm upgrading because I can. Something about the SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 that feels satisfying that I don't feel like selling right away.

I remember selling my LG G6 after 2 months and yes even the S8 quickly. I sold my S9+ because I actually made money selling it after a few weeks owning it.

I wanted the Mate 20 but ready too many issues and pricing was insane. No trade-in or pre-order offers doesn't help as well with the P30 Pro.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I love to but besides the Color options and the IR Blaster, I feel like I'm upgrading because I can. Something about the SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 that feels satisfying that I don't feel like selling right away.

I remember selling my LG G6 after 2 months and yes even the S8 quickly. I sold my S9+ because I actually made money selling it after a few weeks owning it.

I wanted the Mate 20 but ready too many issues and pricing was insane. No trade-in or pre-order offers doesn't help as well with the P30 Pro.

Ditto... The only thing high on my wish list is a phone with an ultra-wide camera lens, other than that our P20 & P20 Pro are satisfying our needs perfectly fine. Performance is great as is battery life, cameras still amaze me. So in reality why does one need to upgrade other than touting owning the latest and greatest. Have never done the same with my televisions, computers, DSLR cameras, etc.

At present trying to change my ways hanging onto our phones longer so we'll see how that goes LOL. Besides, too many flagship devices these days (here in Canada) have exceeded the 1K mark with us refusing to go there.

When it comes right down to it most new devices these days spark little interest for me personally. When I factor in the benefits (what they'll actually accomplish/deliver over what's already owned), the truth is not a whole heck of a lot... if it's got something new I'll rarely use then we really don't need it do we? My wallet will be lighter if we try and keep pace with advancements though. :p

chmun77

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Not for me. Will be staying with my P20 Pro for the time being since it is still a pretty strong contender with its cameras as well as supports from Huawei. I still prefer the design of P20 Pro over P30 Pro.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Not for me. Will be staying with my P20 Pro for the time being since it is still a pretty strong contender with its cameras as well as supports from Huawei. I still prefer the design of P20 Pro over P30 Pro.

Yup me too... The curved display of the P30 Pro kills it for me. And if it's any larger/heavier than our P20 Pro that's a no-go too. Got the P20 to use as our daily driver (smaller/lighter) and loving it.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I still have my P20 Pro. Okay I gave it to my Mother, she was complaining about poor battery life with her SAMSUNG Galaxy A8.

Design wise it does look bland compared to my S10 or when I had my OnePlus 6. Honestly it got my attention because of the Twilight color. I had no problems giving it up once the S10 was released. Even the Note 9, I didn't wanna sell it but can't afford to keep it.

Huawei did improve it a little but not enough to buy it.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: P30 & P30 Pro (Who's in?)

Yup me too... The curved display of the P30 Pro kills it for me. And if it's any larger/heavier than our P20 Pro that's a no-go too. Got the P20 to use as our daily driver (smaller/lighter) and loving it.
Why do you keep saying "our", out of interest?!

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: P30 & P30 Pro (Who's in?)

Why do you keep saying "our", out of interest?!

"Our"... used by a writer, editor, or monarch to refer to something belonging to or associated with himself or herself.

Plus, I own both P20 & P20 Pro.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma