Huawei P30 Pro Review

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
That'll be the OIS mechanism for the camera. It's the only physically moving part and it's pretty normal to hear it rattling a little. My Mate 10 Pro was certainly noticable. Can't say I've noticed it yet on the M20 Pro yet though
What does the mechanism actually look like?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Anybody noticing a slight rattle when tapping the top right area of the display?

It is very minor but is certainly not consistent with the rest of the display. It is the part of the screen that will be sitting adjacent to the rear cameras so maybe it is the camera mechanism?

Anybody else or just me being over fussy?

That'll be the OIS mechanism for the camera. It's the only physically moving part and it's pretty normal to hear it rattling a little. My Mate 10 Pro was certainly noticable. Can't say I've noticed it yet on the M20 Pro yet though

Yep, both the 40MP main camera OIS and the 8MP Periscope OIS and parts could be msking this hence it is do focused on the top right.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks

I have to say I have been very impressed with both the pro and non-pro models so far.

Compared to the S10 plus the slightly reduced width and more pronounced curve on the rear make it easier to one-hand (not by much though and still prefer the non-pro in that regard). The two big plusses though are unlocking the phone as Vs the Samsung the FPS is both quicker and more reliable. Also so far radio performance seems better on 4G when out and about in similar places.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks

I have to say I have been very impressed with both the pro and non-pro models so far.

Compared to the S10 plus the slightly reduced width and more pronounced curve on the rear make it easier to one-hand (not by much though and still prefer the non-pro in that regard). The two big plusses though are unlocking the phone as Vs the Samsung the FPS is both quicker and more reliable. Also so far radio performance seems better on 4G when out and about in similar places.

Most importantly....are you finally satisfied with the AOD? Lol

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Dammit! At least you know it's coming I guess. I'll be devastated of the Mate 20 Pro doesn't get it at least sometime this year.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks

Absolutely agreed, the FPS has taken a nice leap from the Mate 20 Pro to.

Indeed, I am glad I am not the only one who picked this up going all the way back to Mate 10 Pro vs. my Galaxy Note8, I found the Huawei to hold 4G LTE as well as WiFi better than the Samsung.

The P30 Pro seems to have a very powerful modem, it hold signal better than even the Mate 20 Pro from my experience, I don't know if it's an update to the Modem FW or if the P30 Pro antennas are just better placed on the phone, but the P30 Pro definitely gets better RF than my Mate 20 Pro.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Dammit! At least you know it's coming I guess. I'll be devastated of the Mate 20 Pro doesn't get it at least sometime this year.
Yes the wait is excruciating!

No idea if there are any tricks of the trade to trick the update server like using a VPN or different sim card or if I just need to be patient lol.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes the wait is excruciating!

No idea if there are any tricks of the trade to trick the update server like using a VPN or different sim card or if I just need to be patient lol.

I've tried everything too. I think it purely comes down to IMEI batch releases and Huawei do that region by region and there's no way of spoofing that as far as I'm aware

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
So the AOD doesn't show all the 3rd party apps notifications? I mean whatsapp, Gmail etc or is there a limitation?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The color options is enough to get me to upgrade but not without any incentives.

Thanks for the great review.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1