Pre-order P30 pro - Canada

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I pre-ordered P30 Pro through Rogers (paid outright). The official launch date is April 11th. When I asked Rogers support about the delivery date (as on the pre order webpage it said "Pay now and get it faster"), they said it will take a week or more to ship, where as it will be available for purchase in stores starting tomorrow. That's ridiculous.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered P30 Pro through Rogers (paid outright). The official launch date is April 11th. When I asked Rogers support about the delivery date (as on the pre order webpage it said "Pay now and get it faster"), they said it will take a week or more to ship, where as it will be available for purchase in stores starting tomorrow. That's ridiculous.
Wow. I had no idea they were even launching it over there.

That does seem to be a trend though, many people who pre-order sometimes get it a little later, but you should surely get a pre-order gift, no?

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine from The Source (Bell) and as far as I'm aware, it will be in the store tomorrow. I haven't heard anything indicating otherwise.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Tried to buy the phone outright from Fido/rogers was told they won't sell it to me since i'm not with them so lame and bs. I get it the reason but they're also distribution for Huawei since they don't have a store they should be able to sell it to whomever regards if they are with them or not.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried to buy the phone outright from Fido/rogers was told they won't sell it to me since i'm not with them so lame and bs. I get it the reason but they're also distribution for Huawei since they don't have a store they should be able to sell it to whomever regards if they are with them or not.

That's definitely too bad. I am with Rogers and didn't know that they were the only contributors... That may make switching carriers a little complicated. Blah!

But it's definitely too bad that they wouldn't sell it to you because you are not a customer. Have you tried online sites like B&H? I got my Honor 8 from Newegg about two years ago.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting a friend to buy it for me such a pain in the butt to go through that step. Carriers should sell it to anyone that ask for it. Afterall since they're distribution for Huawei phones.

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Fido allowed me to preorder and get it outright as a non-customer. I chose the ship to store option and the rep asked if I wanted to get it outright.

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
That's really smart! What colour did you get?

Breathing crystal, originally I wanted aurora but it's not available in Canada. The breathing crystal one looks better than I thought in person and I'm liking how fresh it is. The Huawei Watch GT (preorder gift) is also arriving tomorrow. $1230 CAD after tax and a $300 Watch is really not bad of a deal.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Breathing crystal, originally I wanted aurora but it's not available in Canada. The breathing crystal one looks better than I thought in person and I'm liking how fresh it is. The Huawei Watch GT (preorder gift) is also arriving tomorrow. $1230 CAD after tax and a $300 Watch is really not bad of a deal.

The Breathing Crystal is so gorgeous! So glad you are enjoying it!