Pre order : Huawei Watch GT

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I get all alerts on my watch, alarms, emails, notifications, heart rate, sleep analysis and all the athletic stuff, also long lasting battery and it looks gorgeous, whats not to like

Thanks, I was just curious about everyday use. I've had a Moto 360 before which had terrible battery life especially if you used Google Maps. Speaking of which is there an integration with Maps? If you set your trip up on your phone, does it send notifications for when to turn?

chris377

May 7, 2014
Visit site
no you cannot reply messages, only see them, also u can hang up a phone call. every app u have on the phone can send notifications instantly to the watch, battery life for me is 10 days and i use it regularly for all sorts of things. now in its early days i play with it a lot, i guess it will rise to 12+13 days when im not using it all the time

p30 pro

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
I submitted my pre-order device information on April 11 through huaweicanadapromo and I did receive an email saying that it would take 5 days to process. I still haven't received confirmation on if i'm getting the gt watch and when. Is anyone else having this issue as well? It's now April 24th (13 days after I submitted my information) and i'm starting to wonder if I'll even receive it.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I filled out the online promo form on Saturday April 13th, which I received that same email with a confirmation number. Today, I sent Huawei an email asking if everything did go through okay as I was having an issue loading a picture of the receipt onto their website. No response so far. The CSR at Bell did say it would take 1 - 2 weeks for the watch to arrive.

Have you receive yours sledge007?

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I filled out the online promo form on Saturday April 13th, which I received that same email with a confirmation number. Today, I sent Huawei an email asking if everything did go through okay as I was having an issue loading a picture of the receipt onto their website. No response so far. The CSR at Bell did say it would take 1 - 2 weeks for the watch to arrive.

Have you receive yours sledge007?

No not yet. I put my order in last Thursday so it's been 7 days so far. I figure it will come by next Thursday or around there anyway. I'll keep you posted.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 302612
Look what showed up today.

It is a very nice looking watch. Just waiting for the watch to fully charge and then set it up.

Nice I hope I get one. I have a friend in Calgary that got sent a Huawei Band 3, NOT the GT as 'promised'. He ordered the 128 GB p30 Pro. I realize they mentioned "while supplies last" but wonder if that had any effect on what was sent to him. Also wondering if they allocated watches by areas and/or provinces... Today will be Day 15 since I sent my request in so hoping it comes before the weekend.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm in BC and did the online application 2weeks ago?
Nice I hope I get one. I have a friend in Calgary that got sent a Huawei Band 3, NOT the GT as 'promised'. He ordered the 128 GB p30 Pro. I realize they mentioned "while supplies last" but wonder if that had any effect on what was sent to him. Also wondering if they allocated watches by areas and/or provinces... Today will be Day 15 since I sent my request in so hoping it comes before the weekend.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Why may i ask? It's an amazing device.
Well its a good device. But, ibhad s10+ and P30 pro. I did a side by side comparison of their cameras (and did not rely on paid youtubers comparisons)... I found that s10plus did a much better job most of the time with day time pictures. P30 pro was better at totally dark scenes and zoom. With Gcam on S10, it did fairly better comparable to p30 pro. Now other than camera, for every thing will else, s10+ was way better. On p30 pro, the oled panel is very bad. No youtuber talking about it, but it is almost the worst on any 1080p phone in market. The brightness is fine, but it is not at all sharp and crisp. Look at the grey/black text under bright light with the smallest size fonts and you will know what am i saying. I would expect a decent 2k display on $1000 price tag phone. Look what OnePlus Seven Pro is going to bring soon. P30 pro was nothing but just hype created by youtubers.

chris377

May 7, 2014
Visit site
hype??, i can you tell you that the 2 day battery life for moderate to heavy users and blazing fast charging is not a hype. also the camera performance is unprecented, when i show my pics to friends they dont believe that the pics are taken by this phone. general performance is also super fast

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Well i know certain devices carry certain and specific expectations for a user. I can tell you are very particular with your devices. Every device will function differently to the user. I like my P30 Pro and so far it's serving my expectations awesome. The only issue was the lack of a 3.5mm headphones jack. At the retail level i could ONLY find the USBC small cable that Google puts out for their pixel devices to connect a headset. However on Amazon there are lots of these cables with charging as well as headphone connection.
So for me as I listen to tunes everyday,that was the only bummer. I do use a bt wireless Jaybird tarah Pro headset and the connection is consistently good.Lastly I do get a message popup that says the accessory is not a Huawei athentic accessory so that was mildly annoying.

Well its a good device. But, ibhad s10+ and P30 pro. I did a side by side comparison of their cameras (and did not rely on paid youtubers comparisons)... I found that s10plus did a much better job most of the time with day time pictures. P30 pro was better at totally dark scenes and zoom. With Gcam on S10, it did fairly better comparable to p30 pro. Now other than camera, for every thing will else, s10+ was way better. On p30 pro, the oled panel is very bad. No youtuber talking about it, but it is almost the worst on any 1080p phone in market. The brightness is fine, but it is not at all sharp and crisp. Look at the grey/black text under bright light with the smallest size fonts and you will know what am i saying. I would expect a decent 2k display on $1000 price tag phone. Look what OnePlus Seven Pro is going to bring soon. P30 pro was nothing but just hype created by youtubers.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Got an email from Huawei today letting me know my 'gift' is on the way/being processed. Day 15 since I submitted my form in. I had mentioned earlier that a friend of mine got a Huawei Band 3 instead of the GT watch. I told him to complain/send a letter, so he did. Their reply was that they were sorry, he could keep the Band 3 and they would be sending him the GT watch.....just in case anyone else runs into this. Squeaky wheel gets the grease! ;)

huawei.PNG

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
hype??, i can you tell you that the 2 day battery life for moderate to heavy users and blazing fast charging is not a hype. also the camera performance is unprecented, when i show my pics to friends they dont believe that the pics are taken by this phone. general performance is also super fast

I'm a heavy phone user myself. I inspect homes/buildings for damages (insurance work) ie fires, floods, hail/wind damages and take a LOT of pictures, often in broad daylight (exterior photos)...so I need my screen 100% bright. This phone is phenomenal for this line of work. I worked on a three story hostel last weekend that caught fire a month and a half ago. I had to take 300+ pictures the first day and another 200 the second day. No issues with worrying about battery life and the low-light was zero issue at all. Typically the case in a post-fire building that has no power and usually boarded up. In the past, I would carry a flashlight which would often be far too bright due to contrasting. This works really well for my line of work which is why I bit on the phone.

IMG_20190428_134712.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42