New Huawei P30 Pro Privacy and deception issues for Facebook Uninstall

9900Boldfan

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
There seems to be some dishonesty and sneakiness taking place or some plain stupidity with programmers behind this. When you first buy the new P30 Pro there is now Facebooks apps showing on it or installed in it. Later out of the blues they pop up with no uninstall option in the apps section. For the record this Huawei P30 Pro was bought in Hong Kong unlocked from Fortress. If you decide to setup the Huawei App Gallery then you have the option to supposedly uninstall Facebook apps which is odd because you can do so there but not in the default app place where other apps can be uninstalled. Now once you setup the Huawei App Gallery and supposedly uninstall it you will find that once you have installed it you can no longer uninstall the Huawei app Gallery except to disable it and if you disable it then go back to regular apps section you will see that the Facebook apps are back again. One of those WTF things.. If I go outside of my house and throw the garbage away I don't expect to go back in my house and find that garbage back inside my house garbage. Uninstall means it was uninstalled and gone. If something Was uninstalled and manages to show and pop back up again then some programmer behind this is either really stupid or really dishonest. I have never uninstalled an app from my iPhone only to see it pop back up again in the apps section list with no unsnarl option :p

https://uk.community.huawei.com/sof...alled-with-no-uninstall-option-4373#post23629

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 28

Jean Lai Kan

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
It is also not possible to uninstall several Google apps. like Google Play. You can only disable them.

While I use Google Play very often, there are other Google apps which I never use, come pre-installed and cannot be removed.

9900Boldfan

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I was lucky enough to meet an engineer from Huawei. Will not mention names though but will provide a picture. After showing the issue I was having with 2 engineers from Huawei they became quite interested in this and hooked up their computer to my P30 Pro. I showed them how Facebook app was showing in my Apps list with no uninstall option but how the uninstall option was available in the Huawei App Gallery. In the Huawei app Gallery there was an uninstall option. When uninstalled it would uninstall and nothing would be seen in the Huawei app gallery or the regular apps either. Sure enough it would later reappear like a virus. When they hooked up their computer to my P30 Pro they dig deeper and deeper into how this was happening and said this was pretty much running like a virus in the background. Only someone with deep knowledge of this could remove all these files. They were going to bring this up to people higher up as to why this was allowed to happen and he admitted that this was running in the background collecting data and info like a spy or virus. He said that sometimes companies like Facebook pay Huawei for an app to be preloaded into their smartphones for smartphones sold outside of China but he said this was the first time he saw something like this running in the background all the time.

Attachments

• 1F62BC42-77EC-43E7-BC9F-42B595FFB666.jpg
    1F62BC42-77EC-43E7-BC9F-42B595FFB666.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 912F1253-DFB0-418F-99C0-98539C2C2064.jpg
    912F1253-DFB0-418F-99C0-98539C2C2064.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 10

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I was lucky enough to meet an engineer from Huawei. Will not mention names though but will provide a picture. After showing the issue I was having with 2 engineers from Huawei they became quite interested in this and hooked up their computer to my P30 Pro. I showed them how Facebook app was showing in my Apps list with no uninstall option but how the uninstall option was available in the Huawei App Gallery. In the Huawei app Gallery there was an uninstall option. When uninstalled it would uninstall and nothing would be seen in the Huawei app gallery or the regular apps either. Sure enough it would later reappear like a virus. When they hooked up their computer to my P30 Pro they dig deeper and deeper into how this was happening and said this was pretty much running like a virus in the background. Only someone with deep knowledge of this could remove all these files. They were going to bring this up to people higher up as to why this was allowed to happen and he admitted that this was running in the background collecting data and info like a spy or virus. He said that sometimes companies like Facebook pay Huawei for an app to be preloaded into their smartphones for smartphones sold outside of China but he said this was the first time he saw something like this running in the background all the time.
You can use the adb method to uninstall Facebook and it's associated viruses manually and permanently. I use this method to also uninstall the virus called Chrome and Google quick search and the biggest virus google assistant.