07-10-2019 08:10 AM
293 ... 101112
tools
    Seems like the Huawei ban will be removed:
    https://www.androidauthority.com/bre...again-1004260/

sledge007 and Elky64 like this.
    06-29-2019 10:01 AM
    Hahaha what a joke. I feel sorry for anyone that undersold their phones when the sky was falling. Glad I have my phone still
    06-29-2019 12:49 PM
    Seems like the Huawei ban will be removed:
    https://www.androidauthority.com/bre...again-1004260/

Yup saw that today
    06-29-2019 05:40 PM
    Yup saw that today
    Suddenly no longer a security risk, huh? Wow, Trump is so full of it.

Anyway, I still don't trust Huawei and will never buy their hardware again. Plus the ones I've had were crap hardware-wise too
    06-30-2019 12:12 AM
    Anyway, I still don't trust Huawei and will never buy their hardware again. Plus the ones I've had were crap hardware-wise too
    Can't say my sediments mirror yours. Do find updates a bit on the hit-n-miss side at times yet my P20 & Pro are working exceptionally well. Would consider another but at this point and time these two handsets easily fulfil my requirements.
    06-30-2019 12:45 AM
    Can't say my sediments mirror yours. Do find updates a bit on the hit-n-miss side at times yet my P20 & Pro are working exceptionally well. Would consider another but at this point and time these two handsets easily fulfil my requirements.
    Had the mate 20 pro, got it exchanged twice. First device had a green screen, on the subsequent ones the screen detached itself from the frame. Cheaply made, crappy phones with Chinese government spyware installed, and with a premium price tag. No thanks.
    06-30-2019 01:26 AM
    Suddenly no longer a security risk, huh? Wow, Trump is so full of it.

Suddenly... Lol. Newsflash, it never was a security risk. It was sabre rattling to get what they (US) wanted. You do know Huawei has been on Canadian cell phone towers since 2007 and still is currently on the towers and where is this security risk? Where is any documentation showing this? I'll wait.
    dc52ltr likes this.
    06-30-2019 11:13 AM
    Totally agree, no proof anywhere as far as I have seen.
    Suddenly... Lol. Newsflash, it never was a security risk. It was sabre rattling to get what they (US) wanted. You do know Huawei has been on Canadian cell phone towers since 2007 and still is currently on the towers and where is this security risk? Where is any documentation showing this? I'll wait.
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-30-2019 11:18 AM
    Commie lovers will buy there equipments, that's the way it is. No need to argue really.
    06-30-2019 12:19 PM
    Not a commie lover myself, just like good hardware which for me works well. I had a Pixel 2xl and was waiting for the 3xl to arrive but got a P20 Pro instead... That was a great handset which I enjoyed using. Then my 2nd upgrade was due and I got the Mate 20 Pro.. Brilliant phone, love it, no problems at all, will get the Mate 30 Pro if the upgrade is worthwhile.
    Commie lovers will buy there equipments, that's the way it is. No need to argue really.
    Elky64 and Golurk like this.
    06-30-2019 12:38 PM
    Had the mate 20 pro, got it exchanged twice. First device had a green screen, on the subsequent ones the screen detached itself from the frame. Cheaply made, crappy phones with Chinese government spyware installed, and with a premium price tag. No thanks.
    Does happen, device hardware failing. Huawei ain't the first nor will they be the last on that front... My P20 Series have been exceptional so there's always two sides to any story.

"No thanks"... Your prerogatives.
    sledge007 likes this.
    06-30-2019 12:50 PM
    Lol I enjoy politics about as much as drinking bleach. I just like good hardware. You're right not much to argue about is there.?
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-30-2019 04:55 PM
    A lot of ignorant people here thinking the Chinese can't build a great phone...news flash the best camera on a phone is the p30 pro and after that it's the pixel, the rest can't keep up. Also makes me laugh when half the components the haters are using is Chinese or assembled by the Chinese so slandering them probably seems uneducated, showing their "maga" side I like to put it.
    Golurk likes this.
    06-30-2019 10:34 PM
    The issue isn't whether Huawei can make a great phone (but the Pixel Visual Core chip still beats Huawei's best - try getting a picture of a flower, in shadow, under a crescent moon. With full color. The Pixel 3 (or the 2 with Camera 3) does it easily.

The issue is whether Huawei violated US law - and according to Trump, they did. (I'm not an attorney, so I have no idea how close or far he was, but that's the reason for the ban.) Now it's lifted. (Until his next change of "mind".) Of course he's totally wrong about no one else being able to match our technology. Where are all our 4nm foundries? TMSC is Taiwanese, Samsung is Korean and GlobalFoundries, the only American foundry company is still stuck at 7nm and may be going to 5nm next year, or in 2021. Why is China always way ahead of us in technology? Oh, that's right - "Science is for Democrats".
    07-01-2019 04:14 PM
    And now we're hearing Trump is having meetings to discuss banning End to End Encryption....and people are scared about Huawei!
    07-01-2019 04:39 PM
    well I think this here is why I'll go file your opinions where I feel they belong.

Makes me question if you actually had a huawei device in the first place
    07-01-2019 09:16 PM
    All I can say is......

Google bans Huawei:Are you worried?-paris_tuileries_garden_facepalm_statue.jpg
    07-08-2019 09:28 AM

While I synmpathise with your supposed bad luck when it comes to Huawei phones (not even sure it’s true, could be you being clumsy), I have to say that what you said is the most ignorant statement I’ve seen in a long time.

Firstly there is no proof of spyware, it’s alleged. I doubt even Huawei has the resources to spy on ALL of their phones...just in case they want to steal your PUBG account? Sure.

Secondly, the Mate 20 and P20/30 series have been widely applauded by tech sites, enthusiasts and everyday people not only due to their great features/design etc but also when other companies charge much more for similar specs (ahem Apple).

Your political opinions aside, people buy huawei devices because they want to and like their design/features/price etc...not because they are ‘commie lovers’. You’re just trying to shut down a debate you know you’ll lose because there is no solid basis to it.

Some people...
    doohsun, Elky64, sledge007 and 1 others like this.
    07-10-2019 08:10 AM
293 ... 101112