Google bans Huawei:Are you worried?

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Trump is dangling the proverbial carrot. To see if the same outcome as ZTE will happen. Sooner if not later, Huawei will be paying a hefty fine to get off the "entity list"! It just a money grab.
As a Canadian observer this makes my blood BOIL. And i just got the P30Pro. We as consumers are the ones targeted because we are the ones that are funding this political debacle. The hefty fines that HUAWEI will need to pay to get off the entity list really comes out of consumers pockets.

Don't even get me started on 5g deployment!?

Why ban & then postpone until August? Why not just ban in August?
Not well thought or well thought bargaining strategy?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's getting political (and as a yank who isn't too happy with the current state of affairs, I'm not anyone's "fanboi") and this is a cellphone forum, so let's keep the politics where it belongs/ We have a forum for general conversation (if you keep it respectful - no name-calling).

Normally yes we keep it all in one section but this topic is political in nature and messes w/ cell phones so it is okay.

I will re-quote what I said below as a reminder (so far so good though).

Mod Note Reminder

While this topic is political in nature there is a fine line talking about it and then hopping onto the bandwagon of insulting others for possibly having a differing opinion. Hate that situation ? All day. Calling people dumb for a different set of opinions? Ehh.

allwhowander

May 21, 2019
Visit site
Re: Huawei has immediately lost access to Android and Google

It's jealousy of China's growing power and influence on the global market. China is a tech force to be dealt with and should be respected, rivaling Samsung and 'others' -- it makes me sad that tech giants like Google are reacting in a rather politically childish way. Google and others could probably pwn the US in a heartbeat, so what are they so afraid of? (Competition?) The US is not the world dominator in this market, no matter what the orange pumpkin likes to think. The global market seems to be leveling out more; if so, it's about time. Bring it.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
From the looks of it,,,ANY large Chinese company!!!
This is huge, I got my P30 Pro on launch. I KNOW they are working on their own OS but it is not the same. This is what happens when all huge companies are US based.

US wants to dominate the 5G by selling their own stuff and their own terms and can never play nice with competition. Hence they came up with this nonsense to ban Huawei.
So far as with wars, zero proof of anything. However there were millions of documents as proof on wikileaks on their shady deals and fake pretext for wars.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Comment: Anybody would be foolish to think otherwise. Google is deeply inbedded with the US government.Actually isn't this true for most giant corps!?

Last edited:

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
First off, Samsung is #1 and they are from South Korea. Samsung is WAY above Huawei! Now, I don't like Samsung phones but the numbers speak for themselves. I also don't know why anyone would pay a ton of money for a Huawei device, and I own two Huawei phones. For $150-$300, they are nice phones. But they have literally no support outside of China and no on time software releases. Some of their software doesn't even work on their phones in America. So if someone spends $1000 for a Huawei phone VS $1000 for an iPhone or Samsung, then that is their fault. I'm sorry to hear about your Huawei P30 Pro purchase and I've made to recent Huawei purchases as well, but if Huawei goes with their own OS or a stripped down version of public Android, Huawei will become a Chinese only phone. Just one example, you buy a car and it supports Apple Car Play or Android Auto, but NO car will support something called Huawei OS. Back when people jumped on the Apple bandwagon, there was a need for it and Android was barely alive. I jumped on that wagon too. But with iOS and Android both being a good OS, Huawei OS will NEVER survive. Look at Microsoft. Microsoft poured BILLIONS into the Windows Phones. They got multiple manufacturers on board. It was an epic fail and if Microsoft can't do it, Huawei won't be able to do it.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

It's all a money making trick from trump... Same thing they did to ZTE.. After taking a hefty fine it's all back to normal... Or it's apple pulling strings so that they don't loose more market share to Huawei..
Soon news will come Huawei paid million or billions to be back in business in the U.S

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Here's the scary Mary....what if just what if Huawei does pull it off. And we then will have another operating system. The CEO of Huawei already had said that they've been working on this in anticipation of the US slapping Huawei onto the list of barred corps. The CEO also went on to mention that they are also not concerned with their market share reduction..in North America.
Since the arrest of HUAWEI'S CFO,the daughter to the CEO. I think Huawei made bad business decisions over riding the sales of telecom equipment to an American barred country, Iran. So to save face is doing punitive action against Huawei.Trumps attitude has been are you with us or against us. But then all the fake news surfaced about security breaches, cyber security and chinese espionage.It actually has become quite a GONG SHOW.

First off, Samsung is #1 and they are from South Korea. Samsung is WAY above Huawei! Now, I don't like Samsung phones but the numbers speak for themselves. I also don't know why anyone would pay a ton of money for a Huawei device, and I own two Huawei phones. For $150-$300, they are nice phones. But they have literally no support outside of China and no on time software releases. Some of their software doesn't even work on their phones in America. So if someone spends $1000 for a Huawei phone VS $1000 for an iPhone or Samsung, then that is their fault. I'm sorry to hear about your Huawei P30 Pro purchase and I've made to recent Huawei purchases as well, but if Huawei goes with their own OS or a stripped down version of public Android, Huawei will become a Chinese only phone. Just one example, you buy a car and it supports Apple Car Play or Android Auto, but NO car will support something called Huawei OS. Back when people jumped on the Apple bandwagon, there was a need for it and Android was barely alive. I jumped on that wagon too. But with iOS and Android both being a good OS, Huawei OS will NEVER survive. Look at Microsoft. Microsoft poured BILLIONS into the Windows Phones. They got multiple manufacturers on board. It was an epic fail and if Microsoft can't do it, Huawei won't be able to do it.

Last edited:

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Here's the scary Mary....what if just what if Huawei does pull it off. And we then will have another operating system. The CEO of Huawei already had said that they've been working on this in anticipation of the US slapping Huawei onto the list of barred corps. The CEO also went on to mention that they are also not concerned with their market share reduction..in North America.

Do you really think all of these app developers are sitting around hoping for another OS to develop for? That's exactly why Windows mobile failed. They couldn't get enough app developers on board. If they couldn't do it after pouring billions into it, I can't see that Huawei has a chance. It proved that people weren't interested in a phone they might have liked without the OD and apps to go with it.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Here's where I think app developers have the real power. They are the backbone and without their immense support, I can't see Huawei making a go of this. It's astonishing tho that Chinese devices have zero Google eccentricity yet are very popular in china even without all of the Google services we rely on.
Do you really think all of these app developers are sitting around hoping for another OS to develop for? That's exactly why Windows mobile failed. They couldn't get enough app developers on board. If they couldn't do it after pouring billions into it, I can't see that Huawei has a chance. It proved that people weren't interested in a phone they might have liked without the OD and apps to go with it.

enots27

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The government ban has stopped all us company's having deals with all Chinese company's. Including the likes of microsoft, intel, Qualcomm
Pretty much just sore losers. Over here in the USA it's all about the money. They taught the Chinese and the rest of the world about capitalism. Problem was, the Chinese got better at it. They first tried to fear monger( which they are good at), then they pushed the major USA carriers not stock and sell their devices. They then even arrested a VP. It didn't work, so now they pulled the ace of spades out. Got their buddies Google to cease support.
Pretty plain and obvious.

Google also showed their allegiance . I had my doubts about Google for a few years.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

If the Huawei OS is a fork of Android, apps could still be side loaded into it. If it's a fork of Linux Mobile, same applies, I think.

However, devs won't go out of the way to clear bugs that may happen on an untested OS.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Here's where I think app developers have the real power. They are the backbone and without their immense support, I can't see Huawei making a go of this. It's astonishing tho that Chinese devices have zero Google eccentricity yet are very popular in china even without all of the Google services we rely on.

Agreed. And I would expect to see them continue to have dominance in China. But if they don't find a way to settle this, the rest of the world market will dry up. Some have mentioned side loading apps if the Huawei OS is a fork of Android. Some would do that. But the vast majority of consumers (outside of China) would not want, or even know how, to do that. Most people aren't tech savvy, regardless of which generation they are.

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
I will agree that Google is deeply embedded with the US government but in a good way. I'm sorry for you that Google wasn't invented and controlled in Canada. You're upset that Google, Apple, and Microsoft are all in America and I am upset that Huawei is in China. Google does a LOT of good things that people don't know. For example, I never knew that Google owns YouTube. I have custody of my daughter but every other weekend she goes to her mom's. Her mom let her make a YouTube account at a young age. A guy got on her videos and started talking to her. He found out she loved her dad. Then he forced her to make perverted videos against her will or else he told her he was going to kill her dad. I got a call from a police detective and I thought it was a joke at first. Then my daughter and I had to meet with the police officer and we met at McDonalds. Google intercepted videos and comments and threats from this guy. They somehow found the guy in California and they found me, her parent, in Indiana. I was notified about everything and the guy was on probation and ended up going to prison. Google didn't have to do any of this, but I appreciated all of it. Also, my daughter was using an APPLE device, with iOS, and Google was still able to track all of this down and get the police involved. Google doesn't WANT to ban Huawei, there were being forced to ban Huawei. We'll see after 90 days what Huawei decides to do. If they go with their own OS, they won't be popular outside of China.

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site

Actually Huawei isn't going to pay millions or billions to be back in the USA because they aren't in the USA. Nobody in the USA sells their cell phones. Huawei used to be in the USA, but for broadband equipment, not cell phones. There was proof that spying could occur on the broadband equipment, not cell phones. Huawei tried to do damage control and they invited the press in America to come over to China and see Huawei. Tons of welcome to Huawei signs were all over China but when the press got to the building, they were denied access and they were sent home. It was all a PR stunt by China. So then America stopped dealing with Huawei and Huawei then closed their USA headquarters and permanently left. The United States does not sell Huawei cell phones. You can get a Huawei cell phone on Amazon or Ebay, which are online only and they come from Amazon with NO warranty which is another reason not to spend tons of money for a Huawei P30 Pro. I was ok with no warranty on phones less than $300 but I also get no support as well. Huawei might pay a bunch of money because even their own chips are made with material from certain American companies. But Huawei isn't going to pay to be back in the USA because they aren't in the USA.

allwhowander

May 21, 2019
Visit site

If the Huawei OS is a fork of Android, apps could still be side loaded into it. If it's a fork of Linux Mobile, same applies, I think.

However, devs won't go out of the way to clear bugs that may happen on an untested OS.
Very true ..... unfortunately.

Hackers might, though (sounds like a playground) -- which would just add fuel to the pumpkin's already overheated fire.

Last edited: