Google bans Huawei:Are you worried?

DigbyTheDog

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
I just ordered my P30 Lite this morning. If I'm not going to get updates and have access to the Play Store, I'll have to return it.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I would cancel the order or return it once you get it because this is a massive blow to Huawei. I wouldn't take the chance on getting Huawei phones, just not worth it now.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This is huge, I got my P30 Pro on launch. I KNOW they are working on their own OS but it is not the same. This is what happens when all huge companies are US based.

US wants to dominate the 5G by selling their own stuff and their own terms and can never play nice with competition. Hence they came up with this nonsense to ban Huawei.
So far as with wars, zero proof of anything. However there were millions of documents as proof on wikileaks on their shady deals and fake pretext for wars.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is huge, I got my P30 Pro on launch. I KNOW they are working on their own OS but it is not the same. This is what happens when all huge companies are US based.

US wants to dominate the 5G by selling their own stuff and their own terms and can never play nice with competition. Hence they came up with this nonsense to ban Huawei.
So far as with wars, zero proof of anything. However there were millions of documents as proof on wikileaks
It's a shame as paying customers get dragged into the mix . Hopefully they can find a solution.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with a Huawei phone see the affects yet ? It was mentioned it would take affect immediately.
From what I've read, access to Google services will remain for phones that are already accessing them. Updates are finished, however.
Any phone that is released after today, however, will have no access to Google whatsoever.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This could happen to any other phone supplier: Lg, Samsung, Nokia etc.
Boeing could be forced to stop selling spare parts to any country the US is in conflict with. Bad for the credibility of the US to use their products as a political weapon against their customers. Mixing politics with business is not a good idea.

I don't want to turn this into a political decision and I'm not taking sides, however politics and business are not mutually exclusive. They never have been and never will be.

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Maybe huawei can speak with Microsoft and take over the windows phone os. Then we may well just see the best phone ever made...

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Boo hoo, Google and USA government. Can't take the capitalistic pressure no more I see. The very same capitalism that you pushed down their throats those years ago. Sore losers - crush them if you can't compete.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
They have tweeted that existing phones will still have access to the play store and will get security updates. But if you were expecting an OS Upgrade, your out of luck. That said, Huawei doesn't do a great job of security updates anyway. My Mate 9 Pro hasn't had a security update in six months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci