Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Huawei has immediately lost access to Android and Google

Should i sell my mate 20 pro now?
I bought it last February at 830
If sell now I will get 520
What are your thoughts?

I would keep it. Huawei wants to design its own OS. If you love the phone, I recommend hanging onto it and seeing what happens - especially since you won't get a good price on it right now. Hang tight! I'm hanging onto my Honor 8.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

I would keep it. Huawei wants to design its own OS. If you love the phone, I recommend hanging onto it and seeing what happens - especially since you won't get a good price on it right now. Hang tight! I'm hanging onto my Honor 8.
Just got my P30 Pro and I really like this phone.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

I think I Huawei Watch GT is the greatest. I don't want or a smartphone on my wrist. I just want something to supplement my smartphone and the Watch GT does a great job at it. I will be holding on to mine.

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 19

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

And from another source:
https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-trump-trade-deal-dangerous-990118/amp/

So we can all believe what we want to believe on whether Huawei is inherently evil and even with the current (US) administration spewing off rhetoric about how 'dangerous' they are and in the next breath..."well maybe we will strike a deal"... They're only 'dangerous' until the US gets what they want. Next thing you know Canada is going to be labelled dangerous and our soft wood lumber will be banned because it's 'bugged with nano-technology spy equipment' that will slowly infiltrate American-built homes. At any rate, the more this goes on, the less 'worried' I am about anything. It's turning into a dog and pony show, quite rapidly.

Also from a thread on XDA, a user (Daleboi19) posted this:

What I sent to Huawei ..Will the p30 pro still get android q as it comes out within the 90 days Google have lifted the ban for

The reply I got ...
Hi, Dale! Thank you for your message.

Existing users/devices, including those that have been sold or products still in stock will not be affected at all. In regards to Android Q, please pay attention to our upgrade announcement for relevant information.

We remain at your assistance, take care!

All that being said, I sure wish I had the next update from .138 (at least to .151) reminds me so much of the old Palm staggered updates. Some of those camera improvements would be nice to play around with.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Pretty much just sore losers. Over here in the USA it's all about the money. They taught the Chinese and the rest of the world about capitalism. Problem was, the Chinese got better at it. They first tried to fear monger( which they are good at), then they pushed the major USA carriers not stock and sell their devices. They then even arrested a VP. It didn't work, so now they pulled the ace of spades out. Got their buddies Google to cease support.
Pretty plain and obvious.

Google also showed their allegiance . I had my doubts about Google for a few years.
Yes it sure shows whose for and against. And GOOGLE has clearly drawn the line in the sand. Is GOOGLE scared of a hefty fine if they continue supplying "product" to Huawei? So it seems that the US Gov is trying to control these giant American corp at the financial and political level. What better way to control companies than by their jugulars. Why is the US gov going this far trying to bring down a Chinese corp. While inducting billion dollar losses in sales globally with companies that have business ties to Huawei? Huawei clearly uses American parts such as chips, and radios. Why is the US gov going to this extent? It seems after the ZTE affair,the US got scared and now backlashing?

Last edited:

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes it sure shows whose for and against. And GOOGLE has clearly drawn the line in the sand. Is GOOGLE scared of a hefty fine if they continue supplying "product" to Huawei? So it seems that the US Gov is trying to control these giant American corp at the financial and political level. What better way to control companies than by their jugulars. Why is the US gov going this far trying to bring down a Chinese corp. While inducting billion dollar losses in sales globally with companies that have business ties to Huawei? Why is the US gov going to this extent? It seems after the ZTE affair,the US got scared and now backlashing?

China isn’t capitalism and owns large portions of their corporations. Support China as you wish. I hear they’re far more supportive than USA of human rights also. (Sarcasm intended)

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Yeah we know this about China and yes they've never had a great record of supporting human rights. Its not just Huawei's business that will be affected BUT what about all of the other american companies that will stand to lose billions. CHipssets, silicone boards, band modems etc are american products that are now longer bought by Huawei. THese companies stand to lose alot of $$$$ from all of this HUAWEI drama.

China isn’t capitalism and owns large portions of their corporations. Support China as you wish. I hear they’re far more supportive than USA of human rights also. (Sarcasm intended)

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes it sure shows whose for and against. And GOOGLE has clearly drawn the line in the sand. Is GOOGLE scared of a hefty fine if they continue supplying "product" to Huawei?

Google is following US law. This isn't a fine issue lol. That is why other companies joined as well in the ban because they are following the law where they are located which is the US.

Why would you want to encourage companies to break laws where they are? In Canada would you be cool if any company could just break any law it wants?

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Laws are meant to protect citizens not to control multinational corporate companies. Yes it is law but why and what is the approved law really protecting? I don't question the law but rather the intention behind why business was cut off and legally?
Google is following US law. This isn't a fine issue lol. That is why other companies joined as well in the ban because they are following the law where they are located which is the US.

Why would you want to encourage companies to break laws where they are? In Canada would you be cool if any company could just break any law it wants?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Laws are meant to protect citizens not to control multinational corporate companies. Yes it is law but why and what is the approved law really protecting? I don't question the law but rather the intention behind why business was cut off and legally?

See that doesn't matter. You are debating what it is. I am simply saying Google is following US law and you seem to be all "pfft just break it who cares!" -- which I find concerning. Not saying I agree w/ the ban or Google does but I totally get them following the law and not just trying to break it as per your suggestion. So I don't see it as THEY are drawing a "line in the sand" by simply following it. They are kind of forced to draw the line.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Well their business is now cut off nonetheless!...I'm watching how this giant global gong show is playing out! I am using a HUawei P30/Pro and by the end of August i will see if i need to switch devices. Rogers may be rolling out 5G in the fall anyways so I'm prolly gonna jump the gun.

See that doesn't matter. You are debating what it is. I am simply saying Google is following US law and you seem to be all "pfft just break it who cares!" -- which I find concerning. Not saying I agree w/ the ban or Google does but I totally get them following the law and not just trying to break it as per your suggestion. So I don't see it as THEY are drawing a "line in the sand" by simply following it. They are kind of forced to draw the line.

Last edited:

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Like Google, Facebook, etc etc isn't closely connected with the US Deep State!

I once considered a Huawei laptop but as far as I could tell they had almost no service, tech support, or quality control in the USA so I nixed that plan. Instead I bought a Lenovo - which is also a Chinese company!

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
First off, a Huawei OS might work out fine in China, but it will never fly in most of the world, especially the United States. Microsoft poured BILLIONS into making Windows Phones and made them compatible with Windows computers and they couldn't get good developers or good apps and they couldn't get any major companies to back them up. For example, I just upgraded the stereo in my car. It offers Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I obviously use Android Auto. Do you actually think a car stereo in America is going to also offer "Huawei OS"? NEVER! People in the US don't even know what Huawei is! Huawei came to the US in 2012 to setup BroadBand service equipment and it was proven that spying could occur on the equipment. Huawei had this "Apology Tour" and welcomed reporters from 60 Minutes to come to China to visit Huawei. There were welcome 60 minutes signs all over the place, but when the reporters got to the actual entrance of the building, they were turned away. Huawei WAS headquartered in America for BroadBand. I think they were headquartered in Houston, Texas but after the government refused to deal with them, Huawei packed up and left. I don't think anyone is saying their cell phones are spying. America said in 2012 that Huawei's BROADBAND internet equipment was spying. That is why America is not using Huawei for the 5G Network in the USA. Nobody even knows who Huawei is in America. I own a Huawei Mate 20 Lite and I've had it for 3 weeks and I can still return it. I'm not a heavy phone user but I have to say the budget phone is amazing. Good display and good cameras. Overall a much better phone than my One Plus 6 which was more than double the cost! But my Huawei phone was released in 2018 and it still has OREO on it while people in China have Pie. And now Q is coming out and I feel like I bought a phone that'll never be upgraded. I think it is worth $250 and love the phone, but the software is already outdated. Google isn't the only company that Huawei depends on for their phones. We make chips for them as well. All of Huawei's servers to run their services use Windows Server and Intel server processors which both come from the United States. Huawei sells laptops now with Microsoft Windows, which is an American company. My point is, Huawei could be getting screwed much worse than they currently are. Premium apps will NOT be for sale on Huawei's App Store and I imagine everyone outside of China will be upset if China ditches Android.

I have to give it to the United States. I want my new Huawei phone to give me updates but they haven't been even before the ban. And in the next 90 days I'm most certain I won't get any updates either. The United States has been getting a raw deal from China for decades. China sends us tons of crap and buys nothing from us in return. I didn't figure the United States would have an angle on China, but Huawei is a great angle in my opinion and I'm upset because I have a Huawei phone. But Huawei needs to come clean, sit at the table, and make a real deal with Google and the United States. Everyone talks about how big Huawei is.....How big would Huawei be without Android? If they dump Android, they will become a phone that is only sold in China.

Your point has already happened ._.

Google, Intel, Qualcomm, Microsoft etc have all stopped cooperating with Huawei. Your political views about China and the US economy aside, Huawei isn’t the Chinese Government. It just isn’t. NO damning evidence has been produced so far about Huawei, just speculation and warnings, so as far as I’m concerned there is nothing to come clean about. And they can still use open source Android. Huawei will still be big without main Android, just slightly less.

And trust me, Huawei and China can easily replicate the top 100 apps for each category and add them into their own store should they go ahead with their own OS.

And btw, don’t blame China for getting a better deal from trade than the US. China wanted and has gotten a good deal from their perspective with the US...and the US didn’t notice or care until now. And please, not everything from China is crap, it just provides good value for money, unlike some Western industries.

Just my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay