What is your plan fellow users?

BruceCk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a two year contract for my P30. Best phone I've ever had, and as a keen photographer, it's the first phone I've had that can take good photos once you learn its limitations. Trump changes his mind on a whim regularly, and has suggested deals could be done, implying the ban is largely protectionist nonsense, and not really security-related.

If the ban sticks, and they lose the ability to run Android, in the UK I would guess some form of compensation would be due as it would no longer work as described and sold. More of a worry for Huawei would be the loss of access to ARM. Huawei may succeed with their legal case too.

It seems a bit crazy to try and sell now, as prices will be way down, and the market flooded.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I'm on a two year contract for my P30. Best phone I've ever had, and as a keen photographer, it's the first phone I've had that can take good photos once you learn its limitations. Trump changes his mind on a whim regularly, and has suggested deals could be done, implying the ban is largely protectionist nonsense, and not really security-related.

If the ban sticks, and they lose the ability to run Android, in the UK I would guess some form of compensation would be due as it would no longer work as described and sold. More of a worry for Huawei would be the loss of access to ARM. Huawei may succeed with their legal case too.

It seems a bit crazy to try and sell now, as prices will be way down, and the market flooded.

I agree. Prices for Huawei devices has plummeted considerably, especially second hand and trade in, so I would keep the P30 (Pro) for now and wait for a bit. Hopefully Huawei will be allowed to work with the US again or if they don’t the values could go back up.

If you really don’t care about software this might be a good opportunity to get a great phone at a bargain price, but research the risks first.

Oh and also: short term the ban might be good news for Apple, as Huawei was competing with it in the Western market especially. However, they are facing a backlash in China as well as a boycott, so their fragile phone sales there might suffer.

Huawei will definitely not drop its smartphone business, that I can be sure of. They dominate the Chinese market, where Google doesn’t even exist so having their own OS won’t really matter. Their rising European Business will suffer because of the lack of Google Play Store.

As for the US it’s hard to buy a Huawei p[hone there anyway ._.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
My plan is to use my phone like normal until something drastically changes, which I'm guessing will be nothing. I'm not going to start crying about something that hasn't happened yet. What's the point? Lol.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
keeping my mate 20 pro for as long as I can..best phones till date..best camera with killer battery life..good size...and love the IR blaster...I know the trump and Huawei problem will be solved within a month as same thing happened to ZTE..trump will take some fine and everything will be back to normal...
Mate 20 pro just saved the day for me coz it had the IR blaster...went to friends farm house which is quiet old...and it was burning hot..tried to switch the A/c on but remotes were missing...to my rescue came mate 20 pro and the IR blaster...I switch mine and others rooms A/c on and got a good nights sleep..all friends were soo shocked...and thought it was an app ..and I said no it's a hardware things which only my mate 20 has

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Will keep using Huawei, in fact all my future phones will be Huawei, partly because they make the best phones and partly because I can't stand US bullying.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Any Huawei phone released before the ban will be unaffected. So if you have the Mate 20 Pro, P30 Pro etc they will continue to receive updates and access to the play store as normal. As for future Huawei phones, the future looks uncertain concerning their partnership with Google apps/play store/software etc

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Any Huawei phone released before the ban will be unaffected. So if you have the Mate 20 Pro, P30 Pro etc they will continue to receive updates and access to the play store as normal. As for future Huawei phones, the future looks uncertain concerning their partnership with Google apps/play store/software etc

This is really good to know. Thank you for sharing.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Happy to help :)

(*Hopes that wasn’t sarcasm* lol)

Oh no, it was definitely not sarcasm! Sorry, it's hard to tell over forums sometimes! But it was very serious. So serious in fact that I omitted emojis, when maybe I should've added some in hindsight!

To be honest, I *really* wanted a P30 but due to all this Huawei/US stuff I gave up on pulling the trigger. It's good to know that there is the option if I need it! My fear is that my brother lives and works in the States and when I go over there to visit him, or even message him from Canada, I'm scared my phone would be rendered useless.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Oh no, it was definitely not sarcasm! Sorry, it's hard to tell over forums sometimes! But it was very serious. So serious in fact that I omitted emojis, when maybe I should've added some in hindsight!

To be honest, I *really* wanted a P30 but due to all this Huawei/US stuff I gave up on pulling the trigger. It's good to know that there is the option if I need it! My fear is that my brother lives and works in the States and when I go over there to visit him, or even message him from Canada, I'm scared my phone would be rendered useless.

Yeah the P30 looks like a great phone...shame the ongoing ban has affected its reputation in consumers’ eyes. For the same price as an iPhone XR and S10e you’re getting a 6.1 inch FHD OLED display, triple rear cameras with OIS, wide angle and 3x telephoto, Kirin 980, big battery and an in-display fingerprint sensor.

Thankfully there’ll always be OnePlus for a flagship phone at a mid-range price.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah the P30 looks like a great phone...shame the ongoing ban has affected its reputation in consumers’ eyes. For the same price as an iPhone XR and S10e you’re getting a 6.1 inch FHD OLED display, triple rear cameras with OIS, wide angle and 3x telephoto, Kirin 980, big battery and an in-display fingerprint sensor.

Thankfully there’ll always be OnePlus for a flagship phone at a mid-range price.

The flagship Honor phones fills that spot nicely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance