I'm again circling back on the P30. Now that things seem to be a bit better for Huawei, I'm once again considering the P30. It pretty much has everything I'm looking for and the camera is so intriguing.

But, I am wondering if there are any Canadian users who bought the phone and how they are feeling about it. I have a Canada/US plan with Rogers and so I need to be able to use the phone in the States/communicate with US phones while I'm in Canada. That makes me nervous.

If anyone can provide any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    09-29-2019 09:35 AM
    There's no problem with using a Huawei phone in the US, it's Huawei getting Android updates from Google that's barred. Phones already in existence aren't affected, even if the ban remains (which it may not).
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-29-2019 12:29 PM
    There's no problem with using a Huawei phone in the US, it's Huawei getting Android updates from Google that's barred. Phones already in existence aren't affected, even if the ban remains (which it may not).
    You are right. The little research I've done seems to say that using the phone in the States/Canada won't be a problem. That being said, I'm curious about the new Mate 30 and its new operating system. Don't think I'd buy it but I'd follow it to see what happens, for sure.
    09-29-2019 05:17 PM
    It's just Android 10. If the law doesn't change, I don't think it will get Android 11, in about 11 months minimum, but it will probably get the Harmony OS as an update. If the law changes, it's going to be up to Huawei, whether they stick with stock Android or stay with Harmony. OnePlus has been staying with OxygenOS. And LineageOS is always available if the particular phone has a Lineage developer.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-30-2019 12:49 PM
    It's just Android 10. If the law doesn't change, I don't think it will get Android 11, in about 11 months minimum, but it will probably get the Harmony OS as an update. If the law changes, it's going to be up to Huawei, whether they stick with stock Android or stay with Harmony. OnePlus has been staying with OxygenOS. And LineageOS is always available if the particular phone has a Lineage developer.
    This is all true. Thank you so much! I am excited to see how Harmony will operate.
    09-30-2019 07:46 PM