new p30 lite edges?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So i've always bought Iphones, recently i purchased a p30 lite, out of the box i noticed the phone had dirt on the edges, rectified with a little elbow grease this was removed, however i also noticed that the edges are scuffed all the way round the phone, it seems as someone has used the phone before u but i was assured that it was a new unit.

now i'm wondering if this is just due to the materials they used? the phone looks in good shape otherwise

ru us

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi belodion, it was purchased from argos, i asked them on the live chat and he confirmed 'it should be a new phone' whatever that means... he arranged a collection and is shipping another one out, does the image look normal to you?

ru us

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
the top corner also seems looser than the otherside and if i clip my nail in there, it literally is coming off of the phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've bought several phones from Argos - if you mean the UK retailer - and have never had any problems. I'm sure that they will resolve the problem quickly, with no quibbling.
I can't judge the condition of the phone with certainty from your photo. I'll move the thread to the P30 forum - we don't have a forum for the Lite version - for comments from other users.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
the top corner also seems looser than the otherside and if i clip my nail in there, it literally is coming off of the phone.
Hi, Welcome!
Glad you were able to reply now , sorry just seen your message, was busy at work .

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
What did you use to clean the "dirt" around the edges with? I bet you rubbed a little hard or used something abrasive.
In any case just return it to Argos. Job done.

ru us

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
What did you use to clean the "dirt" around the edges with? I bet you rubbed a little hard or used something abrasive.
In any case just return it to Argos. Job done.

the dirt was only on one corner, the plastic is scuffed all over, im guessing its the material, looks like melted plastic or something. i have another phone to be delivered tomorrow, will check that one out and update.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
the dirt was only on one corner, the plastic is scuffed all over, im guessing its the material, looks like melted plastic or something. i have another phone to be delivered tomorrow, will check that one out and update.
You sure that's not the protective film on the edges ?

Or it could be the sealent in between the glass and frame that is uneven there.