So i've always bought Iphones, recently i purchased a p30 lite, out of the box i noticed the phone had dirt on the edges, rectified with a little elbow grease this was removed, however i also noticed that the edges are scuffed all the way round the phone, it seems as someone has used the phone before u but i was assured that it was a new unit.

now i'm wondering if this is just due to the materials they used? the phone looks in good shape otherwise
    10-07-2019 02:45 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-07-2019 02:54 PM
    hey, thanks for the reply, i am now registered! https://i.imgur.com/AUgY11n.jpg this is the area of the phone im questioning, any insight would be appreciated.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-07-2019 03:05 PM
    Who assured you that it was new?
    10-07-2019 03:13 PM
    Hi belodion, it was purchased from argos, i asked them on the live chat and he confirmed 'it should be a new phone' whatever that means... he arranged a collection and is shipping another one out, does the image look normal to you?
    10-07-2019 03:17 PM
    the top corner also seems looser than the otherside and if i clip my nail in there, it literally is coming off of the phone.
    10-07-2019 03:18 PM
    I've bought several phones from Argos - if you mean the UK retailer - and have never had any problems. I'm sure that they will resolve the problem quickly, with no quibbling.
    I can't judge the condition of the phone with certainty from your photo. I'll move the thread to the P30 forum - we don't have a forum for the Lite version - for comments from other users.
    10-07-2019 03:24 PM
    the top corner also seems looser than the otherside and if i clip my nail in there, it literally is coming off of the phone.
    Hi, Welcome!
    Glad you were able to reply now , sorry just seen your message, was busy at work .
    10-07-2019 04:54 PM
    What did you use to clean the "dirt" around the edges with? I bet you rubbed a little hard or used something abrasive.
    In any case just return it to Argos. Job done.
    10-08-2019 10:45 AM
    What did you use to clean the "dirt" around the edges with? I bet you rubbed a little hard or used something abrasive.
    In any case just return it to Argos. Job done.
    the dirt was only on one corner, the plastic is scuffed all over, im guessing its the material, looks like melted plastic or something. i have another phone to be delivered tomorrow, will check that one out and update.
    10-08-2019 12:09 PM
    the dirt was only on one corner, the plastic is scuffed all over, im guessing its the material, looks like melted plastic or something. i have another phone to be delivered tomorrow, will check that one out and update.
    You sure that's not the protective film on the edges ?

Or it could be the sealent in between the glass and frame that is uneven there.
    10-08-2019 12:40 PM