I have a Huawei P30 Pro. I live in Mexico but I'm from the U.S. I've been checking for updates lately and today I got a notice that there was an update for 10.0.0.(168C636E8R1P3). It's described as, "This version is designed for you to experience the new software features in advance, thus giving us feedback for further software improvement."

That sounds a lot like a "beta". I'm downloading it now. It takes a very long time but I'm at 99% now. I tried downloading the beta a few weeks ago and was rejected. I suspect it was because I was in Mexico.

Has anyone else here received this update and given it a shot?

UPDATE: My P30 shows it's running Android 10. All the apps on my home screen work fine. I like the new settings organization. The Huawei P30 Pro seems snappier but I won't swear it isn't due to expectations. Everything seems to be working fine.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-15-2019 02:47 PM
    All updates are betas. There's no such thing as software without bugs. (Windows 95 - 24 years old - still has bugs.) "Beta" releases are really alpha releases - "This software has problems, so run it and give us feedback on what the problems are". What you're getting is basically "There are no major bugs, but let us know if anything in 10 that's not Google can use fixing or improvement". (They can't "fix" the internals of AOSP.) And, if you do see something, go to Settings, search feedback, and let them know. (Like the launcher, which is Huawei's, placement of things in Settings [boy, would I like to see a few things changed - but Google won't - maybe Huawei would], etc.)
    11-15-2019 03:31 PM
    Got it and updated loving the more modern looking iconography, with more rounding and flattening, gives it a more up to date look

As always with Huawei UI is fast and fluid cannot complain job well done.
    sledge007 likes this.
    11-16-2019 03:30 PM
    I have a Huawei P30 Pro. I live in Mexico but I'm from the U.S. I've been checking for updates lately and today I got a notice that there was an update for 10.0.0.(168C636E8R1P3). It's described as, "This version is designed for you to experience the new software features in advance, thus giving us feedback for further software improvement."

That sounds a lot like a "beta". I'm downloading it now. It takes a very long time but I'm at 99% now. I tried downloading the beta a few weeks ago and was rejected. I suspect it was because I was in Mexico.

Has anyone else here received this update and given it a shot?

UPDATE: My P30 shows it's running Android 10. All the apps on my home screen work fine. I like the new settings organization. The Huawei P30 Pro seems snappier but I won't swear it isn't due to expectations. Everything seems to be working fine.
    It is a beta, most say it isn't. But I'm guessing those unlike yourself don't read before pressing the download button. I tried it for a week., Didn't like it. Back to 9.1
    The update was a let down , nothing new functionality wise was implemented. They made it look like Samsung one Ui version 1.0 but without the added functionality. Still no independent notification settings , no proper AOD, and their stock file manager can't even tell you file sizes of multiple selected files. Neither can you multi select your calls list and delete , you have to select all or one by one, I can go on further.
    Attachment 313433
    11-23-2019 01:06 AM
    I'm curious, Frederick. Does EMUI 9.1 have any of those things you cite as lacking in EMUI 10.0? I'm new enough and my use is limited enough that none of the things you cited are an issue for me. To be clear, I'm mostly deaf and receive no phones calls and rarely make calls, do no social media, play no games, listen to no music, and certainly don't watch movies on a 6.5" screen. My calendar, Google Keep, Google Maps, Contacts, GMail, Messages, two dictionaries, and Google Photos all work fine. My electrical utility billing app and my Domino's Pizza app work fine.

So, I'm pretty happy. So far, beta or not, I'm as happy with EMUI 10 as I was with EMUI 9. Of course, I'd prefer stock Android.
    11-23-2019 09:48 AM
    I'm curious, Frederick. Does EMUI 9.1 have any of those things you cite as lacking in EMUI 10.0? I'm new enough and my use is limited enough that none of the things you cited are an issue for me. To be clear, I'm mostly deaf and receive no phones calls and rarely make calls, do no social media, play no games, listen to no music, and certainly don't watch movies on a 6.5" screen. My calendar, Google Keep, Google Maps, Contacts, GMail, Messages, two dictionaries, and Google Photos all work fine. My electrical utility billing app and my Domino's Pizza app work fine.

So, I'm pretty happy. So far, beta or not, I'm as happy with EMUI 10 as I was with EMUI 9. Of course, I'd prefer stock Android.
    Apart from not being partially deaf , my usage is similar to yours.
    Those options were not present on EMUI 9 either. In my opinion Huawei missed the opportunity to refresh their Android skin for EMUI 10. Meaning nothing of value functionality wise was brought to the table. It's unfortunate, since it's competitor Samsung has over the recent years evolved its Android skin with added features instead of keeping it stagnant.

As you rightly mentioned , it is a beta, although the actual word beta wasn't used.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/commu...topicId_40006/
    11-23-2019 03:39 PM
    Got the .173 bug fix update yesterday
    11-28-2019 03:33 AM