Hello

I recently upgraded my p20 to a p30 lite and i like the phone however for some reason my notifications are not working correctly.

Forexample, ill pick my phone up and there will no notifications, ill open whatsapp and all of a sudden 5 messages will pop up that have been Sent at various times.

Ive been into the app manager and battery settings to turn off sleeping phone, and manage automatically etc but the problem still persists. Im losing my mind over it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    04-26-2020 05:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say you turned off sleeping phone, do you mean that you turned off any "battery optimization" or "memory optimization" for WhatsApp or any other affected app? Do you have any 3rd party "RAM booster" apps installed?

Huawei is notorious for aggressively killing apps in the background in a misguided attempt to improve battery life. By doing so, it can prevent apps like WhatsApp from giving you ongoing notifications if you don't have it open in the foreground. See this site: https://dontkillmyapp.com/
    04-26-2020 06:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say you turned off sleeping phone, do you mean that you turned off any "battery optimization" or "memory optimization" for WhatsApp or any other affected app? Do you have any 3rd party "RAM booster" apps installed?

Huawei is notorious for aggressively killing apps in the background in a misguided attempt to improve battery life. By doing so, it can prevent apps like WhatsApp from giving you ongoing notifications if you don't have it open in the foreground. See this site: https://dontkillmyapp.com/
    Hello,

Yes thats correct, i have turned off any battery optimisation settings (basically done all of the "solutions" i could see on google but none have worked).

I dont have any 3rd party software installed. Its just straight out of the box.

My p20 didnt have any issues so im suprised the p30 has. If id have known i wouldnt have got a p30. Theres surely a solution / fix. Surely huawei wouldnt allow bugged phones to not work right.
    04-27-2020 02:08 AM
    Does this only happen with WhatsApp? What about preinstalled apps like your messaging app or email app? If it also happens there, see if it persists in Safe Mode: https://www.getdroidtips.com/boot-hu...ite-into-mode/
    04-27-2020 12:03 PM
    Make sure no phone power saving modes on extreme or medium ?
    04-27-2020 02:15 PM
    It pretty much happens on any app that sends me a notification. I notice it far more with messenger and whatsapp because im constantly missing messages. I can open WhatsApp and all of a sudden 30 messages load in.

Its asif its doesnt connect to network/wifi unless im in the app. But all the settings are what they should be
    04-28-2020 09:05 AM
    Ok, try Safe Mode as I suggested above and see if the problem still happens with your preinstalled apps.
    04-28-2020 12:16 PM