P40 Pro Banking Apps vs Web versions?

OnkenEater313

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Is anyone struggling with banking apps on Huawei P40 Pro? I still cant get Barclays Apps working. I do use the web version because I have to but it’s a bit annoying.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Barclays is funny with their apps. It doesn't work on Android Beta versions either. Their reasoning is security. They will only work with final builds and phones with GMS.

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
honestly I don't even know why I use Barclays, everything about them has been a pain for me. I don't believe with this whole security thing, its just their app department being lazy, first direct have always been really good

SamRH1

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Yes im exactly the same. I do have TSB aswell that works fine, I have set up a shortcut on my home screen directly to the web version of Barclays. Not perfect but also 90% the same.

OnkenEater313

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Barclays is funny with their apps. It doesn't work on Android Beta versions either. Their reasoning is security. They will only work with final builds and phones with GMS.

I suppose it makes sense, Barclays have to think of their customers rather than the platform. Guess I’ll just have to wait. Just didn’t understand why at first cos my HSBC & M&S bank apps came across through Phone Clone

xTlex

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I suppose it makes sense, Barclays have to think of their customers rather than the platform. Guess I’ll just have to wait. Just didn’t understand why at first cos my HSBC & M&S bank apps came across through Phone Clone

Would this work on all banking/credit apps? I got Lloyds and also Amex.

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
I have Barclays and so that will not work with P40 devices? Interesting, if the web version works im okay with that though

Barclays doesn't work at all, how I get around it is by pinning the web version to my home sree, For that ectra level of security I use password vault which requires me to use my fingerprint sensor to input my credentials. Just like an app

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site

Im just impatient and feel that its a cop out on Barclays part haha

SamRH1

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
They are always the last ones to adopt any new platform I'm told, possibly a cop out, possibly wise. They will get there soon enough though.

garlow

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Barclays doesn't work at all, how I get around it is by pinning the web version to my home sree, For that ectra level of security I use password vault which requires me to use my fingerprint sensor to input my credentials. Just like an app

Great shout tbf, cant see there being much difference between the app and web version.

The General52

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
yeah it makes me feel better though that it isn't just Huawei platforms

Weirdly I spoke to a barclays member of staff today while visiting the branch and according to them, banking apps have never worked on Huawei devices...which I swiftly corrected as I am currently using barclays on my P30 Pro - so I'd say don't count on the actual staff knowing anything about this stuff haha

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Weirdly I spoke to a barclays member of staff today while visiting the branch and according to them, banking apps have never worked on Huawei devices...which I swiftly corrected as I am currently using barclays on my P30 Pro - so I'd say don't count on the actual staff knowing anything about this stuff haha

Fills me with hope haha...